Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Question 1967 Fastback Gas Cap

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  22GT 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I made the decision to have my Mustang 67 Fastback painted back to the original color (wimbledon white) but the gas cap is my issue now and I wanted to ask for opinions.

First of all, what are my options? I at the moment only have the standard one (I am on the road now but would need some opinions as I need to order it now as when back home I only have limited time to bring car to the paint shop) as I will be on the road again after.

So, here is the one I use, still the original one.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/gas-cap-standard-1967/p/GC67/

However, with white, this appears to be a huge black piece on the back. White and chrome is a nice blend, but suddenly the black big block of a gas cap right in the middle?

What are other AUTHENTIC versions please that I could use, maybe more chromed, that would match well with the white? Although my car is not a factory GT (but equipped the same way except the GT. Equipment group external decors), you can also include GT gas caps, as well as the regular gas cap that you think is best suited and existed during that time for white 1967 fastbacks and fastback GTs.

Once again, thanks !

See less See more
#5 ·
First of all, what are my options? I at the moment only have the standard one (I am on the road now but would need some opinions as I need to order it now as when back home I only have limited time to bring car to the paint shop) as I will be on the road again after.

However, with white, this appears to be a huge black piece on the back. White and chrome is a nice blend, but suddenly the black big block of a gas cap right in the middle?
Hmmn? I would hardly call the standard cap a big black block:

Ford actually continues this look, even though gas caps are no longer on the rear:

The other three 67 gas caps-

#6 ·
Yes, that pop open cap with black GT is correct looking for '67. Diff for '68 is GT letters would be red. Both of those are used "correct" for stangs with "exterior décor" or known as deluxe exterior.
Or you could opt for the standard exterior GT, which was also a twist off.
https://www.npdlink.com/store/catalog/Mustang_Gas_Caps-2850-1.html

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.