Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Nice car!!!

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  greg45 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Looks good, but a few things stand out to me right away. Hate the 3rd brake light- safety, sure, but looks out of place on a 'restored correct' car. The plain side stripes without the Mustang lettering in them looks wrong- cleaner if it weren't there. Not a fan of the wheelwell chrome, but that's just my opinion. The deal breaker for me is that if this was a 'high end' restoration, you'd think they'd have gotten the back up lights installed correctly- they're backward and pointing towards each other. Makes me wonder what else they missed.... Overall I agree though- nice looking!

#9 · (Edited)
They may not have all the details correct as far as restoring to original, but it looks like someone spent a lot of time and money on the car. After seeing what you can get for say $10K to $15K, I see why they are asking what they want for the car, not that they'll get it. If you built one yourself to a similar level, you'd have close to that or more into it and you'd have to do it. That is a good car for someone looking for a turn key nice car throughout that cannot and does not want to do any real work to it, just enjoy it. Who would want to sell their car that is a similar model in that condition for much less, especially if you did all the work and know what it takes to get it to that? I know I wouldn't. But then again, I wouldn't have put that much into a T code car to begin with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.