Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Facebook page

879 views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Tubbster1966 
#1 ·
I just found that VMF has a Facebook page so request to join and hope to chat with you all there!

#3 ·
I scroll through the Facebook page every now and then but find I don't recognize a lot of people on it. In my opinion this site has much more direct and accurate responses from known, knowledgeable sources, plus it's easier to search.

Reactions: Israel and Rorin67
#4 ·
I do not care for the VMF Facebook page for the reason that it is hard to search and find conversations that you are interested in. For me, it would be very hard to follow Target's build on FB unless I Friended and followed him, and then I'd have to do the same for all the other builds and conversations I am interested in. Then would I be notified when others make comments to their posts so I could continue to see all the activity?

#6 ·
For whatever reason, there's also a lot more misinformation that gets spread around on the Facebook page. That, in turn, causes everyone to get their panties in a twist and people get in fights and the whole thing just escalates.

It's kind of funny that people are less civilized to each other when they are not anonymous... you'd think the opposite would be true.

I far prefer this site.

#11 ·
You got that right, Kelly! I quit that site after two guys called me an idiot for suggesting there was any similarity between 351 Cleveland 4V heads and Boss 302 heads. They insisted there were no similarities between Cleveland heads and Boss 302 heads and they were experts so there was no reason to even consider they were anything but completely correct, I was completely wrong and it was completely ridiculous to even suggest such a thing. I tried being polite, welcomed facts and would have been quite happy to stand properly corrected. All I got were insults and name dropping. No thanks!

#7 ·
I use both but prefer this site over the Facebook page. As has been pointed out, it is much easier to search for info here and the information is generally more accurate. Responses there are usually pretty quick but all over the place.
One thing about Facebook is that it is MUCH MUCH easier to put a face with a name and see their builds.

#8 ·
Funny ,,I was just talking to Huskinhano about this a couple days ago. Facebook pissed me off by suspended my account because I had a screen name instead of my real name so now I just boycott it. I've looked around on the fb version of VMF but it seems to have a lot of bad/wrong info posted a lot.I like it here better

#10 ·
This site is my go-to, but I am on the FB page as well. I just like seeing all the cool car pictures quickly and easily. I will say though, that if you have something you are trying to sell, it will get more traction and sell quicker on the FB page.

On another note, I clicked over there earlier and read about a guys 68 I think that was in an accident. Two morons went after each other over whose fault the accident was from a picture of the damage? Talked about each others sexuality, what they have done to each others mothers and sisters and many other not so nice topics. At least I have never seen that on here.

#12 ·
I see some good. But I also see those types who shouldn't give advice. I've been helping, who I think is sdmustangrider (on VMF) on the FB page with his FITech install and the quick replies I'm sure are helpful in those panic situations.
But there are some people who I just ignore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.