Vintage Mustang Forums banner

My T5 Grande

492 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  aslanefe 
#1 ·
Hi all, new here, but not very new to Mustangs.
I have a T5 Grande that I bought and restored in 95-96. The car spends most of the time in storage overseas. Get to take it out when I go on vacation.
Originally it was gold with half vinyl top, had a 200 cu.in with C4, deluxe interior in Ginger with center console, and manual steering.
Converted to a V8 (a 289 was what I could find at the time) with C6, black interior and painted yellow with half vinyl roof. Had km/h speedometer, now mph with factory tach. Has 1" dropped UCA, roller spring perches and modified UCA to move the ball joint back, aligned to -0.5 camber and 8 degrees caster (can go 10 max on caster). Also, installed a brake booster from a Fiat (had front disks originally) and original style PS (which does not leak unless a hose is busted).
Currently working on a 69 Grande, gold exterior (no vinyl top) and gold interior. Original 302 with C4 and locking diff.
My other projects (that are waiting to be worked on) include a 70 Cougar XR7 (original 5x,xxx miles car that still has the original muffler) dark green (was it called jade black?), black interior and black vinyl top, FMX; 70 convertible with 302 and C4 that was originally yellow, but currently maroon with black interior and top; 69 fastback, 351W 4 barrel (M code), FMX, black deluxe interior, originally dark green like the Cougar but currently yellow; and lastly a plain 69 coupe with 302 and C4, standard black interior that was lime gold but now in gray primer.
I have a lot to do, but not enough time.
As you all like pictures, I'll attach some (not the best pictures but these are what I can find at the moment). 3 of the T5 (taken last March) and 1 of the 69 Grande (before I started working on it).
Hope to learn and contribute.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome on board.!
How about where overseas.?
Nice car and project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.