Vintage Mustang Forums banner

New guy from Kansas

631 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Josep 
#1 ·
Hello to all. I am a certified car nut who likes all cars. I have restored 2 Corvettes (cosmetic on a 66 and frame off on a 65), a few Mopars (I still have my 69 Barracuda Fastback I bought 28 years ago) and a 65 Impala SS 396. I really like body and paint, but I can also do interior, engines, transmissions, suspension, pretty much everything. Right now my good friend Mark and I are getting close to finishing a 3 year rotisserie restoration (Mark has the rotisserie and a real paint booth) on a 67 Mustang coupe with 3 on the floor, PS and factory A/C. Right now we are running all the wire harnesses. Then all we need to do is install the engine and tranny, install headliner and install interior. Here are a few pictures. I spray all the primer and paint. Mark and I do the body work and block sanding together. We are having a little trouble with the wiring. I am good with wiring, and I can read wire diagrams. But I am not a fan of the Scott Drake diagram. I prefer diagrams that show everything on a few pages. This one takes 29 pages to show he wires, and transitions from circuit to circuit are vague. I think we may have a few questions when we have gone as far as possible. Otherwise is going great. We were hoping to have it ready for the Kansas City Ford/Mustang show, but we didn't make it.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Very nice looking car!

I'm a little bit south of you in Wichita.

Just "finished" up my wiring last weekend. Do have the 1967 electrical manual? I'm terrible at wiring and was able to go from not a strand of wire in the car to everything works. I'm using factory-style harnesses, which probably makes a huge difference.

#7 ·
Welcome on board and congratulations on a very nice looking car. Love that color.!!

Josep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.