where can i find high octane gas in sf - Vintage Mustang Forums
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 07:07 PM

sf bayarea where is the gas station with the highest octane gas . i know there is the 76 pumps at sears point. but what about a regular gas station that serves higher than 92 . will
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 07:12 PM

Good Luck! . . . I don't know of a single place . . . I tried for some 101 Octane airplane gas at the Hayward airport, but no go. I've heard that the Livermore airport might do it, but I haven't tried. Couldn't hurt to show up with a 5-gallon gas can and say it's to prime the carb in your plane, though . . . [IMG]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/IMG]

'67 390 GT Coupe
[color:"red"]*Click on the pic for more info about the car and pictures on my website!*[/color]
"Yesterday, the bottom fell out of my world, so I drank 8 pints of Felinfoel Ale and this morning, the world fell out of my bottom." -Haydn Croft
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 07:42 PM

The 76 station here in town has one pump dedicated to 100 plus octane fuel 3dollars and something a gallon so you might call you 76 stations in town.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 07:54 PM

Heck, where do you find 92? I have only been seeing 91, higher at Sears Point and the local airports, but not at a regular pump. If you find someplace with high octane gas at a regular pump station PM me.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 08:42 PM

Get a relationship going with your local airport Where I live I can get 100 octane leaded airplane fuel! :-)

70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker

70 76B Convert 351C4v w/a shaker
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 03:15 AM

Here in Spokane, there is a Shell station down the street that has 105 octane purple gas... It's 5.49 a gal. I put 5 gals in a Lightning truck once, and it made quite a difference.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 10:45 AM

Try looking up the Motocross bike shops. Those guys run high octance race fuel in those bikes and usually the dealers have the stuff
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 01:32 AM

I'm with fastback65. We have a local 76 with 100 octane. Try 76's website. Maybe they will have a local station listing or other info. Good luck.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 07:41 PM

i can go out to sear point to get but was thinking there had to be something closer thanks guys
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page