Vintage Mustang Forums banner

What do you paint a 65 trunk with

8K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  twotoots2 
#1 ·
What should I paint my 65 trunk with? - Spatter paint or paint to match my exterior color. What looks best?

#3 ·
I'm doing the underside of the lid, hinges, rods, etc. body color...then "inside" on the trunk is already a textured paint (by a PO), sort of like that spray in bed liner.

Look good though, and no problems with rust...I'll probably just freshen that up.

#6 ·
Got my whole trunk painted in body color. It looks pretty nice and clean. The only drawback is, that you feel sorry for putting ANYTHING into it...! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Have a look here :
http://www.66mustang.de/1trunk.jpg

#7 ·
Mine had the "bedliner" sprayed on the inner rear quarter panel areas inside the trunk. Not sure, but seems like it could have been factory? It was painted over with the original poppy red. I brushed the old bedliner out with the wire wheel on a griinder and re-sprayed with rubber undercoating. The whole inside of the trunk was then painted the same as the exterior color. Looks great now with the zinc gas tank and the painted underside of the trunk lid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.