Wilwood Mustang Disc Brake Kits w/Master Cylinders - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-22-2003, 02:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

You should be receiving your kits the first of next week, the kits went out Wednesday by UPS. It generally takes 5 or 6 working days to reach the east coast. Thanks for the order. These brake kits are the best on the market because of the aluminum hubs and flat rotors. I'm sure after careful inspection you will see what I mean.

As per my previous posting, "there is no such thing as a DOT approved aftermarket brake kit". Nobody will give you a certification or letter stating that their kit is DOT approved. So disregard the disclaimer Wilwood has in the instructions. They do this because the are such a big company, they dont want to be sued.

One important point that I should "re-state" If you bought a master cylinder from me. I sent you a 21MM" 82-86 Mustang master cylinder part number Raybestos MC39531, this master cylinder does not have a built in residual valve for the rear brakes when installing this master cylinder for a disc/drum application you will need to install a 10 pound residual valve inline for the rear brake system. If you are installing the master cylinder in a disc/disc application no residual valve is needed. The nice thing about the 7/8" 82-86 Mustang master cylinder is you dont have to change it if you upgrade to disc brake in the rear, all you have to do is remove the 10 pound residual valve. If for some unknow reason you have trouble getting a hard pedal, you "MIGHT" have to install a 2 pound residual valve in the front brake line.

Please feel free to email me if you still have questions.

Dean Oshiro

PS For those of you that want to argue who's brake kit are the best. Just ask yourself this, "who's brake are on all the Winston Cup Cars (Nascar)?"........Wilwood's
....end of discussion.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2003, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Don't want to nitpick, but many Nascar teams use Alcon [IMG]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/IMG]

Jason
1988 Chevrolet K1500
JLester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2003, 12:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

.........and who do you think makes Alcon?

They now call them GTIII's and Integra 6's

http://www.hotrodheaven.com/store/br...gt3c/index.asp

http://www.hotrodheaven.com/store/br...c/gt3c_pic.gif
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.