Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Your next non-Mustang Classic?

3K views 77 replies 67 participants last post by  Jim 
#1 ·
Following the theme-du-jur,
What would your next classic be if it couldn't be a Mustang? And why?

And, SWMBO said keep it within reason?

It appears that we're all not "Just Mustang Guys". There's beauty in any older car that's been taken care of.

Mine?

It just so happens that I just purchased a 1978 Mercedes Benz 280SL Conv. White with Navy leather and Navy top. Beautiful car, rides like a dream. It floats down the highway compared to the Stang. And, it's my first convertible.

#2 ·
Mine would be a '67/'68 Cougar (had a '68 before and LOVED that car), or pretty much any of the 60's era Mopars. I would love to have either a Challenger, Charger, or even a 340 Duster. I used to have a '72 Charger with a 383, and that was one fun car!

#3 ·
Before I bought my stang, I was really looking for a '70-'71 Trans Am, but couldn't find the right car. I'd still like to have one, but don't know if I ever will. I do have another classic though - Seems I've let me old Chevy work truck sit in my barn long enough that it is now an antique!
I was originally going to just put it back together to use as a work truck again, but I'm now thinking of doing an all out resto-mod thing on it. Yeah, in all my spare time, that's what I'll do! ::

#7 ·
since NONE of the old cool classics are within reason anymore, Ill take a 62 vette, if I cant find that Ill have a 68 firebird drop top, 67 cougar, 69 camaro SS or a 59 chevy apache truck. Gee, thats a lotta GM crap in there aint it? Remember, you said not a Rustang - there are quite a few models after my 69 that Id have to consider....

#9 ·
Was there such a thing as a Superwasp, or is that just your knickname for a beefed up Hornet?

#10 ·
If it's a '78 it's a 380SL right? I ask because I love the 230~280SL pagoda tops, but the last was in '70 or '71. I always thought it would be fun to find one without a motor and drop it a small block for a little omph and sound! Another choice would be a series II E-Type, but the parts for the resto would kill me. A more realistic goal, is a small block, mid-year, four speed, Vette roadster. A solid restorable car, that I could do a full body-off. I've started slowly looking, but if a nice solid Boss or Shelby came along...
Paul.

#20 ·
I'm about to inherit a 1972? 450 SL, Green w/tan interior. Mint condition. My dear brother passed away in Feb.

#23 ·
A 66-67 SS396 Chevelle
A 67 Formula S 383 Baracuda
An FE powered Fairlane or Galaxie
A Max Wedge Mopar
A 390 AMX
A '65 "Mystery Motor" 396 Stingray
or a 64-65 Tri-Power 389 GTO

Some of these cars would be difficult to find parts for so i'll have to get one already restored.

and a 87-88 560 SL for my wife.

#26 ·
Yea, small bumpers. Heavy car, for sure. And it's a 4 speed manual.

Don't know the power. I'm still pretty ignorant on this thing. It was my father-in-law's. He let me use it for a few weeks, then sold it to me. It was an easy sell to SWMBO because it was her dad's.

I do know that small 6cyl. bad boy takes 12 quarts of oil per change, Yikes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.