Vintage Mustang Forums banner

78 mustang

544 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  bnickel 
#1 ·
have a cancer patient that was in today to see me, for some testing we talked about my stang sitting outside how he always liked those cars ..blah blah .. well at the end of he's treatment he said he had a 78 mustang that ran but smoked alittle, said that if i wanted it could have it. Are there many parts available for these models. Does anyone know, figure I'll look at it maybe good to play with.just not sure about parts ::

#2 ·
There are parts out there, but you'll find they are fewer and farther between. The demand isn't high, so you hardly ever see the Mustang vendors bring their parts to a show or event, that doesn't mean they aren't there. Go to Tom Schmidt's link page, http://links.vintage-mustang.com/ and look for the Mustang II links and check what is out there.

#3 ·
Be careful calling them "Mustangs" around bob... he is under the impression there were no Mustangs between 74 and 78.

There is a forum dedicated to those cars at stangnet. I was helping a friend last night with wheel and/or converting to 5 lug issues last night. They have good info over there (not to redirect you away from VMF, but we dont have that info here).

#4 ·
I have a 78 Mustang King Cobra, I am also the friend Cantedvalve is helping out. It is a problem finding parts. You can also check www.mustangii.com a lot of annoying popup adds but info too. There is not much resale on these cars yet.

#5 ·
Every time I go to Carlise for the All Ford or the Spring and Fall I see Mustang II parts dealers. They have tons of parts and the prices are not that bad. Since I do not own one of these cars right now I do not pick up a catalog. I see on the web Mustang II and Mustang II parts There is even a web site from a junk yard that sales some parts Click here.

Good luck on your quest and post some pictures if you get it.

#6 ·
if you're anywhere near Lubbock, tx and decide you don't want it i'll take it off your hands. i used to have a 78 coupe that is until was totalled by a flatbed that ran a stopsign doing well over 40mph. i loved that little car even though it was a 4 banger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.