Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Incredible... $1,000.00 steering wheel on Ebay

794 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  z76232 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I seem to recall a NOS (I think it was vintage and not a replacement part) woodgrain steering wheel for '65/'66 Mustangs being bought for $2K. I saw it mounted on a concours Mustang and it was flawless.

I have a hunch concours restorations are not only going to get tougher but more expensive as well. I'm glad folks do it though, there should be some Mustangs around built like Ford did.

My humble obs,

Dean T

#8 ·
Did you notice that the title lists it as "NOS" but it's clearly described as restored....Hmmmm...
I don't think he's trying to dupe anyone by the title description:

69-70 Shelby Steering Wheel, ((LOOKS)) NOS

He did a real nice job on it.

#9 ·
Dave, I think your price is fair - right in there with market value. Do you do any work on or sell standard wheels/pads for a 69? I already have a rimblow wheel that would be OK for a driver, but the pad needs replaced or redone and I am considering going back to a standard dash & wheel setup.

Doug

#10 ·
Hey Guys
In answer to your questions. We've been doing wheels for over 20 years now and the only ones I've had come back were the ones that were abused. A guy cracked one on top beating it back on the column and another guys looked like it got stepped on. These wheels are getting pretty old and I'm glad most of the cars aren't daily drivers but we do use a pretty strong epoxy.
We do restore the standard wheels also if you want us to but the price is pretty close to the same as repairing the cracks in the rimblows. Just about as much time involved.
Thanks guys
The Rimblow Buddy(and yours)
Dave Prine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.