What year did ford come out with this Am/Fm radio? - Vintage Mustang Forums

Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 256
Am/Fm radio with fader control levear right under the push buttons of the radio.There is a slide bar above the buttons to switch from AM to FM.The fader control moves left to right about the width of the push bottons..I there any way to tell physically on or in the radio what year it was produced?And if working,what is it worth?
roberick is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Senior Member
Hurtle_II's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,209
That radio style was used on Many Ford products from the early 70s into the 80s. Look for a part number stamped on the radio. The 4 characters before 19A241 will tell what car it came from. Post them here. If there are no part numbers stamped in the metal and you see some smudgy blue ink then it's from '76 or newer.

I'm not sure if any of these were put into the early 70s Mustangs but generally they don't bring in much. I have a tough time getting $50 for really nice ones. They're just too common and from an era of not very desirable cars. Truck part numbers may run up the price a bit.

Ivy Green 1965 Convertible 289 2V C4

1964.5-1966 Mustang Registry
Mustang Reproduction Part Ratings
VMF Member Locator - Now supports non-US entries
VMF Web Ring

Hurtle_II is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Senior Member
allengram's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
Posts: 791
This radio type came out in 1971 as far as I have seen. This type of radio do not fit well in a 69 or 70 mustang. They can bring $50 to $80 on the auction site if they work.

Rick Allen/Prescott Valley, AZ
allengram is offline  
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Brandon, Mississippi USA
Posts: 642
1973 full size Ford cars used this set up.. Not Mustang. The number will be stamped into the side of the case. 1973 number will start with "D3ZE". In 1974 Ford started using a paper tag on the side of the case. It will read "D4ZE". Hope this helps.

M Stone
MSTONE34 is offline  
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome