1969 Mach 1, What is it worth? - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-26-2005, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

I am looking at purchasing a 1969 Mustang Mach 1. The car is a San Jose car. It spent most of its life in Denver, Colorado. It is basically rust free. The interior is black with woodgrain, original and near perfect. The paint is original silver jade and is in fair condition considering it is original. There is no body damage. The engine is a 351W-2V that has had a recent valve job. Transmission is a 3 speed on the floor with a console. Drum brakes. The VIN# is 9R02HXXXXXX. The car runs and drives.It needs a new gas tank and a brake job. It has new dual exhaust.The odometer is showing 90000 original miles. I am looking at making a daily driver out of it. Any help on putting a value on it would be appreciated.
markstbird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2005, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
FAS

i'm gonna guess at 15k give or take a few grand.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'd say 14 to 17 depending on how close to description it is. If it's solid, and running decent with very little needed. Top end on that car is around 24K IMO. I've seen one go for 29K and NADA shows 40K but that is a joke. :no:
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2005, 04:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Location: Northwestern N.J.One of the most beautifull places on Earth

If it's all that with no hidden issues,it's worth 17-18K.He could ask more and get more,especially on ebay it could go over 20K.If he doesn't know what it's worth I would say 13K would be a great buy!
mustangman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2005, 09:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Transmission is a 3 speed on the floor with a console. Drum brakes. It needs a new gas tank and a brake job. I am looking at making a daily driver out of it.
Sounds like a base Mach 1 with few options which is going to hurt the value. People like lots of options on their cars. That being said, it should be worth around $15K.

If you are truly planning on driving it every day and it needs a brake job, now is the time to upgrade to front disc brakes.

1967 Shelby GT350, dark green, 347 stroker, 5-speed, inboards, #2206
1973 Mustang Convertible, white/white, black stripes, Q-code (351C-4V), ram air.
1968 1/2 428 CJ convertible, R-code, red/deluxe red, auto, finally finished.
"If you find the car of your dreams, ignore the price guides and pay whatever you have to in order to get it."
68RCodeConv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.