67 Mustang Coupe to Fastback Conversion Kit ?????? - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-20-2006, 12:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Quote:
This item is an excellent kit to convert your 67 Mustang Coupe to a fastback! These are by far the best products on the market.
Haven't seen this posted. Just ran across this ebay auction. :chainsaw:

Four pieces of sheetmetal. Not a lot of info or details. Ad seems more worried about the $3.50 added to each order than with the product they are selling. Seems to me they should say something about all the other parts the buyer is going to have to find! :horror:

http://www.photographiti.com/cars/misc/sigpic09.jpg
fastlane_65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2006, 02:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah lots of other parts to make/find

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the lower rear glass frame (between the trunk and back-glass) Could have used one of those a while back
ripped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 06:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

This is outright fraud. These panels are only skins, and there is a lot of inner structure that would be needed just to make a rolling shell. Some poor bloke is going to buy these panels and take them to a body shop just to get laughed out the door. What a joke.

Lstar

Mustangpainter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 08:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm not defending the ad. but Dynacorn is going to release 67 Mustang fb bodies. I wouldn't be surprise if these are Dynacorn products and I would also hedge that all the stuctual parts are made as well. I would hopefully ASSume that all of the other parts as far as sheetmetal are inculed. I may and could be all wrong, just a guess on my part.

Rehab is for quiters!

Huskinhano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

I saw that the other day also. Your right, the winner of this auction will be very dissapointed.
To Ripped, I have a spare lower frame, I think at least one of the flaps that goes into the trunk drip rail is missing...It's yours if you want it. P.M. me. They also make this part repro.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to edavillenut

ok this is what i wrote to this guy and his response

"why are you trying to pull this off as a complete conversion from coupe to fastback. the roof is only a skin the quaters are only skins. some poor guy wanting a fastback is going to buy these then be extremly mad. this is what is call fraud. not only that it is not a complete conversion you still need all the interior parts and all the inner structure. i hope you decide to smarten up and pull your auction. if you dont i know ebay will because it has been reported to them as frud"

Dear Negative person,

You are incorrect and should do your research. Skins are not
involved. Next time try to be a bit more positive when inquiring
about products. Most people wouldn't give you the time of day
after such an email that you sent.

Sincerely,

J.D. Saxon/Superior Classic Mustang

1956 Chevy 3200 Long Bed
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3833533
edavillenut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to PampaS_Stang

Quote:

Dear Negative person,

You are incorrect and should do your research. Skins are not
involved. Next time try to be a bit more positive when inquiring
about products. Most people wouldn't give you the time of day
after such an email that you sent.

Sincerely,

J.D. Saxon/Superior Classic Mustang
Wooooowww... Nice guy... :naive:

I hope he have good luck with his bussiness... :rofl:
Old 01-20-2006, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Remember people - - be polite ( Roadhouse quote. :rofl

My question
Quote:
I have a '67 coupe. Is this everything I need to convert? Do I reuse my interior parts and back seat stuff? From the photos it just looks like some sheetmetal. What else is included? What else will I need? Thanks.
Their polite answer:
Quote:
Dear Lane,

This is only for the sheetmetal. The interior changes not part of this kit. This is just the basic items needed for the conversion. As far as interior we have upholstery. But not the seat frames. You need to get these used from Ebay or a salvage yard.

Sincerely,
J.D. Saxon
Superior Classic Mustang
Still don't know much, but he was polite. Guess I could get that fastback glass in a junkyard too? And all the interior panels? :wall:

http://www.photographiti.com/cars/misc/sigpic09.jpg
fastlane_65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Some Ebay Store items may not be in stock. We do stock all these parts, but our inventory fluctuates very rapidly. Please check availability if the item you are purchasing is time critical.
Translation: we don't actually have all the parts, please pay us and get frustated :horror:
67mousetang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

So I guess he is saying the roof is complete, not just a skin. That must also mean the quarters include the inner structure around the vents. You would still need the structure around the trap door, the trunk hinge mounts, the structure between the wheelhouses and the door jambs. That's just off the top of my head, I am sure there is a lot more missing. I do hope an affordable complete kit comes out in the near future though.

BTW: Why is he being so evasive about what is there and what is not? My guess is this guy does not have a clue as to what is actually involved in a conversion, or he just does not care. He really needs to have one done with his parts before he attempts to cash in on the kit. JMHO

Lstar

Mustangpainter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 03:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

In the local yard by me, the 67 fb backlites, right next to the huge pile of 65-66 fb backlites, all nicely wrapped up to protect them them from the elements, how many do you want? :rofl:

Rehab is for quiters!

Huskinhano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 04:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Neat!! He is suddenly sold out :joker: I wrote to him as well and asked about drip rails, trunk support, inner fender support ect.. No reply. Anyone else notice that the parts are in Nevada but his store is supposed to be in Texas? :horror: I don't think I would not have touched this auction with a ten foot pole. Thank goodness no one actually bid on this thing. He does however promise he will be back to try to screw you into his 65- 66 conversion that is " comming in the future!" :no:
Old 01-20-2006, 04:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

I wrote him as well. Got a reply in a an hour. This is what I wrote:

Hi there,
Your ad says this is a "kit". Does it have everything to convert my coupe to a fastback??
I hope these aren't just replacement skins for a fastback. If so, it wouldn't be a kit but just fastback replacement skins. My bodyman is waiting your reply before we order. Thanks.
Ron Pratt

His reply was:

Dear Ron,
The kit includes everything needed. We don't sell "skins" in this kit. Currently we are sold out. We will be posting again when the next production cycle is complete in China. We also will be having 65-66 Coupe to Fastback Conversion Kit also on the next production cycle. Next production cycle should be completed in November. We had no idea that we would sell 313 kits in less than a week. This was expected to last for a year!

Sincerely,
J.D. Saxon
Superior Classic Mustang
sales@superiorclassicmustang.com
www.superiorclassicmustang.com
817-715-9749
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member.../2132855_2.jpg
AlaskaStreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 04:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Update, he did reply. here is the whole thing.

Just out of curiosity, What else would I have to get to complete this conversion? I know that the support structures for a coupe are completely different than those in a fastback. Are the roof supports, fastback quarter supports, upper window driprails along with the trunk area pass thru also included in this auction? Or will I also have to buy a doner fastback to make all of this work?

His reply:
The only thing you would need to save from a coupe is the bracket that is connected to the panel behind the rear window to the wheel well on both sides. The trunk drip rail is on the full quarter panels that are provides as well as the roof panel having a drip rail. It you are careful you can still use your tail panel. But if you mess it up we have a replacement. The kit is only the bare essentials.

Sincerely,
J.D. Saxon
Superior Classic Mustang
sales@superiorclassicmustang.com
www.superiorclassicmustang.com
817-715-9749

So if you were looking for support after the sale, lotsa luck! Obviously no clue as to what is involved. Intended or not, it is fraud.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

I would like to advertise my "any year" Mustang Coupe to Convertible kit. Only $995. What a DEAL! Add thousand in value to your Mustang! Contents: One $39 Harbor Freight Sawzall, 10-pack of blades, Sharpie in the color of your choice. Optional safety glasses and gloves available for $29.

6F09A 63A 8 26 09D 71 1 5
bartl is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.