1968 SHELBY GT500KR VALUE - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-21-2006, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hello to everyone and anyone,
I have a neighbor with a 68'500KR all original, well documented car with approx. 24,000 miles. This is a four speed car, all factory markings, top of the line. I personally have seen the car and it is a show piece for shelbys. The neighbor purchased from a Ford dealer that had the car for over 35 years. I am trying to help him to get a market value on his car. Any help would be appreciated. Is
$150,000 a realistic price to sell this car. Any ideas please emal me at theivies@localaccess.com
Thanks, Curt
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2006, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

All Barrett Jackson hype aside its a little high but could be if it is documented as you say. What color and does it have AC? Original drivetrain? All Shelby specific items present?
Tim
Old 01-21-2006, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Tim,
Thanks for the reply. This particular neighbor actually gave me a 67'coupe project car for free( good start). The 68'shelby gt500kr is red,4sp,full documentation from the Ford dealer who owned for 35 years, mileage is correct, motor has never been removed, matching numbers all correct. This was purchased 4 yrs. ago . I know what he wants out of the car $90-95 but but knowing the history , quality, and market, I feel the car is worth more than he is asking. I know the owner was watching BJ auctions when I went to his home and He doesnt want the headaches of dealing with the auction process. He made the comment that there was one that sold for $200,000 that was not the quality and history of this car. Anyone interested or can give real world pricing, I would be glad to here from you.
Thanks again, Curt
Old 01-21-2006, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

People are buying nice cars right now, and paying a lot of money for them. If it's a nice car, I don't think he will have any trouble getting $150K for it. A 67 Red 500 just sold for $410 tonight... Good luck
vamustang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

If he really wants full value he may have to go thru the auction process, maybe he might want to try the BJ Palm Beach,FL sale. It is much easier to get maximum value at auction and two people really love the car.
TheZooKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2006, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Is it restored or original? What is the history of the car?
Are there pictures posted anywhere?

I have a value guide on my website, but it is not for strict Number one or super cars.

www.1968cobra.com

...and if he really wants a no hassle deal, I will find him a buyer who will pay him a fair price.
1968KR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.