CJ Pony Parts - Beware of pricing policy - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

About a month ago I placed an order on-line with CJ Pony Parts on some goodies for my 69, including their marker light kit – 4 lenses, 4 trim rings and gaskets for $69, pretty good deal. I placed my order, printed out my invoice and waited for the goods.

When they arrived I noticed that the price for the marker light kit was now $89. I emailed them about the price discrepancy and their reply was that they could not do anything about it because they had a price increase. Went back and forth with them stating that I have an invoice stating that the price was $69 but they would not budge on the price.

I will probably use another vender in the future but I wanted to give everyone a heads up on that when buying something from CJ Pony Parts the price they quote may not be the price that you will pay in the end.
kseaney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2006, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

huh...? how did you place an order and not pay?

1970 'Grabber' Sportsroof

1942 GMC Ratrod Truck

1928 Model A - traditional hotrod project
70_Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2006, 11:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Placed the order on my credit card online. After submitting the order I was sent and order confirmation of the items I purchased and their price, with the marker kit at $69.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

I would dispute it with your credit card company. send them a copy of the invoice and let them do a charge back. Screw CJ Pony Parts.

'66 C Code Coupe the [color:red]Warpony[/color]
http://zurn.happytyme.com/images/stang/badlands250s.jpg
Zurn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2006, 11:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to camachinist Send a message via AIM to camachinist Send a message via Yahoo to camachinist

Yes, a partial dispute should be effective, if you are satisfied with the parts. Be sure to relate that in your letter, along with the supporting documentation.

Do I understand correctly that your card was not immediately authorized and charged the 69.00? If not, it sounds like the vendor doesn't have an automated POS shopping cart, but rather just an order processing shopping cart. In that case, things are a bit more cloudy, but you should still prevail, since the parts were advertised at 69.00 and you agreed to pay that price.

Good luck!
Visit my MySpace Blog
camachinist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2006, 11:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

If they have any integrity at all they would sell it to you for the original price that you were told. Dont they think about things??. If they just gave it to you for the price you were told and made you happy, you would probably come back. Now you will probably never buy there again!! All over 20 dollars!! These days true customer service is becoming a rarity. I am a small business owner and we have price increases faster than we can price the shelves. So when something gets rung up and it is more I always give the customer the marked price. Why would I want to piss somebody off over a few dollars?? I have heard too many horror stories about cjs to ever shop there again. }
napaguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2006, 12:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Sounds like something CJ Pony Parts would pull. IMO they are as crooked as the come. I used to buy alot of parts from them but never again. Their customer service is about as low as they come.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...81_21_full.jpg
mod9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2006, 12:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

This seems to be a regular thing with these people. I had a similar experiance a couple of months ago as well. It got mostly striaghtened up but I feel the same way about not shopping there anymore.
Al

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/fi...967522-123.JPG
oldgreydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2006, 12:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

I've heard too many bad things about them. Thats why they aren't on my ongoing debate about whom to blow all my cash on.. Looks like my stang's never getting suspension
JohnnyK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2006, 12:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

Zurn, good tip on going through the credit card company for resolution. Just got done sending in the dispute so we will see how it goes.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:04 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to GT_SCODE

I will not buy from them again!
Old 05-26-2006, 06:35 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyK
I've heard too many bad things about them. Thats why they aren't on my ongoing debate about whom to blow all my cash on.. Looks like my stang's never getting suspension
You'll never get a raw deal from Matt at Poderosa Mustang
He's a good VMF'r
midpack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2006, 07:24 AM   #13 (permalink)

I've had enough bad dealings with CJ's to swear them off.

Rehab is for quiters!

Huskinhano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2006, 07:48 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69_Stang
About a month ago I placed an order on-line with CJ Pony Parts on some goodies for my 69, including their marker light kit – 4 lenses, 4 trim rings and gaskets for $69, pretty good deal. I placed my order, printed out my invoice and waited for the goods.

When they arrived I noticed that the price for the marker light kit was now $89. I emailed them about the price discrepancy and their reply was that they could not do anything about it because they had a price increase. Went back and forth with them stating that I have an invoice stating that the price was $69 but they would not budge on the price.

I will probably use another vender in the future but I wanted to give everyone a heads up on that when buying something from CJ Pony Parts the price they quote may not be the price that you will pay in the end.
i have had this problem with several vendors , never have i bought somthing first and then the priced changed!
i have a problem with cj pony parts for years, i was so sick of them advertising things in thier catalog for 71-73 mustang and when you call they arent acually made yet ( huh?) they are trying to get them produced? a@@ holes.

and i had that problem with NPD who iswear by, i went to buy a nasa hood and a bunch of stuff for the grande , about 3,000 total , and my regular sales guy dident work there anymore, they came out with a price on the hood 35 dollars higher than the catalog, then they told m the new catalog had the new prices? oh well theres a hundred cataologs on the counter and ther all the one i HAVE! the sales man tells me the useing up the old ones first? so i left all that stuff that took him 30 minutes to go get sitting on the counter and left, they have my name on file ( i spend way to much there) i get a call about 15 minutes later from a manager telling me sorry for the peoblem hell make the hood the old price and i can come get the order, i told him i was already on my way back to orlando ( i was really around the cormner at taco bell eating lucnch, so he said hed give me an aditional 10 percent off the entire order ( oh yea) .

the morel buy from people you know and if you read alot of posts here you know cj pony has problems!

to many cars to list!

Qcodemachman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2006, 08:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69_Stang
That's fraud here in the land downunder. I've dealt with CJ Pony Parts twice. That's once too often. The second time the shipping cost more than doubled for a smaller and lighter item. When I queried the cost they knocked of a few dollars. I think they just pick a price out of thin air !!
Aussiemach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.