OK, Here is the definitive list of what solenoids you SHOULD ONLY be using if you don't want to be Found On Road Dead somewhere...
USE ONLY The BEST!...
1. Original NOS Autolite (FORD)
2. Newer NOS Ford (Replacement Motorcraft)
3. Standard Motor parts or BLUESTREAK
All four above usually last for years, Sometimes decades
STAY AWAY FROM and AVOID THE WORST!:
1. BORG WARNER (BWD) - Yes, I said Borg Warner! They look nice, but that's it! I went through three of these in three months onetime!
2. BRAND X - If you don't know who made it... Stay away from it, Even then, Refer to the top list above.
3. Auto Parts store brand, Carquest, Advance Auto, ETC.. - I know you need one in a hurry, but the plain truth is...These can cause more pain and damage to your car than if you just waited that extra day or two for a correct one to come by mail. I've seen cars that don't shut off when you take the key out of the ignition, or worse, Fry your starter, electrical system, drain your battery, or keep the starter running after you've started the car...These are just a few classic cases of garbage made solenoids and what damage they can do.
**A Note on the new reproduction solenoids sold by AMK products. I cannot comment on these, as I have never used one, nor do I know who they are manufactured by. Maybe a few out there can post their findings here about them. I am curious myself.
1966 Sprint 200 Convertible
Melbourne, FL (Formerly from Long Island, NY!)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200cid I6, 3spd Manual
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Convertible 200cid I6, C4 Auto
2007 Mustang V6 Convertible w/ Pony Package