Upgrades to my sandblast cabinet. - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Upgrades to my sandblast cabinet.

A few years ago, I bought this sandblaster from Harbor Freight. The gun lasted about 2 hours other than that, its been good. I bought a Skatblast pick-up tube and gun upgrade a few months back, that was a good upgrade. I decided it was time to give the shop-vac and my ears a break so I bought the Skatblast reclaimer and vacuum. I haven't got to use it yet but did run the vac and wow, its allot quieter than the shop-vac! I have to work on better lighting and I should be all set.
RyanG85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2008, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Upgrades to my sandblast cabinet.

I'm currently doing the shop vac thing with a home made cabinet. That reclaimer and vacuum looks like a nice set up. Might just have to look into something similar...

66 C-code coupe,deluxe interior, factory PS/PB, SSB front disc brakes, 15 inch styled steel wheels, 225/60 BFG radial TA's, JBA shorties, JBA stainless dual exhaust (Daily driver)
67 C-code convertible, factory PS. Totally stock.(Rarely driven)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oNMZ1P3A5n...nature+pic.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oNMZ1P3A5n...9+2006+062.jpg
f18shack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008, 03:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Upgrades to my sandblast cabinet.

Ah yes a restorers best friend the sandblaster. Having a good sandblaster is one of the most important tools you can have. Looking good, have fun.

Pic's of Our Car
JayWaite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

on the cannister vacumn,how much ,did you compare prices, and where did u purchase? thanks for your help. wes
mustang656man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Re: Upgrades to my sandblast cabinet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanG85
I decided it was time to give the shop-vac and my ears a break so I bought the Skatblast reclaimer and vacuum.
+3 on that one! I did the same upgrade a few years back. What a difference in noise and cleanliness. Well worth the $$.
gjz30075 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008, 09:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have a homemade cabinet - a bit lager than yours. Mine started out as a Montgomery Wards siphon unit I bought back in the early '80s, in that I used the hoses and gun on my cabinet. I made the cabinet in ~'93. About two years ago, the gun finally gave up the goose, and I ordered a new gun, foot control and siphon system. There is no trigger - it's foot operated. I love it. And what a world of difference - a lot more media - much faster removal. I also bought a dedicated Econoline vac and retired my shop vac from use with the cabinet. But, it is very loud too. It probably uses the same universal motor the shop vac uses.

I've decided that my next upgrade will be a reclaimer / filter / separator system and a quieter vac - I think I'll look into what you did. I'm not sure if it does everything I want though. Where did you get it? How much $$?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

I bought everything through TP Tools and Equip. The vacuum is the VAC-35 and is on sale for $199(scratch & dent)Mine is perfect. Reg $269. The reclaimer was $69 through TP and I also bought a good regulator and separator for $69. Running the shop-vac was dirty and loud plus its pretty hard on the shop-vac.
RyanG85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Another task I want to avoid is the cleaning of the bag element in the vertical vac. I chalk that task up to one of the top lung and sinus irritations in the shop - it's definitely a stand-upwind-on-a-windy-day chore.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.