Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1964.5 MUSTANG 4.5 MILLION DOLLARS ON EBAY?

13K views 40 replies 28 participants last post by  pprince 
#1 ·
1964.5 CONVERTIBLE 5F08F100145 FOR SALE ON EBAY FOR 4.5 MILLION DOLLARS. THOUGHTS ANYONE? Item number: 220356756601

#27 ·
I feel there is a possibility that this is an incorrect statement. "193-211 donot exist" No one has concrete proof that those vins were not used or used for that matter. There is no FORD documents stating or witnesses that worked there making statements in reguards to missing vins in that area. Perhaps in time, one of those cars will reappear. :pirate:

#28 ·
Re: 05C Mustangs

Comming soon will be lots of new never seen or heard before information on preproduction and early production mustangs be sure to check it out theirs just way too much to explain. Durring the last 12 months research and many visits to the HFM and trips to Europe to study 05C cars. We are restoring the earliest known 99% original 05C convertible in existance besides number 01 at the HFM, which is in desperate need of a restoration. Be sure to check out the documentary on this very historical disasembly and restoration of this very early 05C Convertible

comming soon

05CMustang.com and or preproductionmustang.com

#29 ·
Re: 05C Mustangs

I am looking forward to seeing all the new information. I do have a question though. In the 5.5 million dollar blog that was here a few months ago, Randy stated and I quote "By the way, #211 is in a junk yard and it was a coupe. We have done exhaustive research...". Yet you just stated that those Vins do not exist. Are'nt you guys working on the same project and have the same information? Thanks Chuck

#31 ·
1964mustang said:
1964.5 CONVERTIBLE 5F08F100145 FOR SALE ON EBAY FOR 4.5 MILLION DOLLARS. THOUGHTS ANYONE? Item number: 220356756601
At least you're putting it all in CAPS! LOL Can you say stupid???

#32 ·
:blah:

All I can say is that this is becoming a re-hash of last year...

Any video that comes out, especially about documentation, better show concrete proof and documents showing such proof, otherwise, It will just be laughed off a garbage such as previous books/videos in the past.

The proof is in the documentation..It always was, and always has been, and always will be....Not "hearsay"....which is always interesting, but usually is just that..interesting... Hearsay is never taken as "concrete" evidence.. Even Shelby, and Iaccoca have made mistakes in the past..Physical, dated, period documentaion and verified by a number of known MCA judges is the only name of the day here.

Tony Kovar
1966 Sprint 200 Convertible
MCA#70001

#33 ·
I fully agree.

#34 ·
I second that agreement... :)

#35 ·
PPS: The Mustang number 100001 is still in great shape..and in no need of a restoration... Apparently, You haven't seen the car... The car has been had the motor seals and tranny seals replaced..and the interior and paint is still in excellent condition with some usual surface rust on the chassis and gas tank... It should stay the way it is...at least for another 10-20 years... I see no reason to pull it apart.....but if that was done, You know every step would be fully documented by the HFM... I believe that the car was repainted once in the early 80's for a FORD photo shoot.. It still has a ding here and there, but it's still in excellent shape...as is the original MUSTANG II show car. I put them in about the same condition..

The Mustang number 100001 is now in fully drivable condition... It was driven around quite a bit for the 2004 Mustang's 40th Anniversary courtesy of HFM..and had a few recent photo shoots in Mustang Monthly..

Tony Kovar
MCA#70001

#36 ·
I 100% agree with you. I inspected this car at the Tenn. show myself for about an hour while it was in the white tent. I was also allowed to take many many photos of the car as well. I loved the car. it was in great original condition. Pulling it apart would be stupid. I have very much respect for that car and it was a pleasure seeing it up close. It is funny, that week i was planning on going to the museum to see it or to the show in Tenn. I chose wisely....
http://1964mustangs.com/www/new%20photos%20resized/chuck%20&%20FIRST.jpg

#37 ·
I would have loved to gotten behind the wheel of number 1... Just once!

:hail:

Tony Kovar
MCA#70001

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.