Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1968 gta basketcase value

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  66HPGT 
#1 ·

Yeah one rough puppy. I know this guy who's got this car and he's offered it to me for 1500. I'm just wanting it for an ebay flip. Its got the clean title, vin on door, dash and apron. Still has posi 9" axle, foldown assembly, seats and disc brakes any thoughts?

See less See more
#2 ·
It's not worth moving. I'd dig a hole and bury it. I can't imagine the disk brakes or fold down would be in good enough shape to sell. I hope I am wrong. Peter

#4 ·
There was no 68 GTA. That said, is it engine code J, S, or R? Might be worthwhile as an S code, or even the J in a pinch. An R code is worth whatever the guy wants. If the body is beyond repair, there's always this:

#11 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Being an S-code, It definitely has value just for the parts, besides having a clear title/vins, etc.. It's awfully tough looking, but to the right person it'll be worth his asking price. Hold out a $1000. and tell him that's all the old lady will allow you........

Just my .02 sense

#9 ·
To throw my 2 cents in I recently(1 1/2 weeks ago) sold a pair of door glass for 67-68 fastbacks for $300 and a rear window for $300. Not mention it's an S code. How's the trunklid? Fold down stuff is always good to have, does it have a tach dash cluster? Honestly I've lost money on worse things It would already be in my driveway.

Ideally I would try to look closely and take inventory first. and yes even with the Dynacorn bodies it still amazes me what people are paying for roached fastback shells. Maybe it's the angle of the photo but I think loading that onto a trailer would be a two part series.LOL .It appears to have what I call the infamous "cowl fold" .The nose points to the sky due to rot out at the cowl area of the car,floor to tunnel junction and floor support rails,etc.The end result is usually two halfs of a car.Some of my best parts cars had this.

#19 ·
To throw my 2 cents in I recently(1 1/2 weeks ago) sold a pair of door glass for 67-68 fastbacks for $300 and a rear window for $300. Not mention it's an S code. How's the trunklid? Fold down stuff is always good to have, does it have a tach dash cluster? Honestly I've lost money on worse things It would already be in my driveway.
Not to throw salt in the wound, but I didn't think you could go wrong at $1500.

#15 · (Edited)
JAIL???? The OP states it has all three vins, that match the title, and he has a date code correct 390 to include with this project? He want's to profit $1000 from flipping it? Looks very doable to me! But I agree with the last post about a time factor.

Just my .02 sense

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.