Vintage Mustang Forums banner

64 1/2 vs. 65 list

830 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dogface GI 
#1 ·
I recently found the link below and wanted to know if anyone has confirmed or denied that it is accurate or accurate but with the following discrepencies....

You will need to scroll down a little once you open the page if you check it out now.
beveled headlight buckets mustang - Bing Images

Thanks

#2 ·
Yup. The hood and headlight bezels changed during mid 64. There were many changes along the line on the very early Mustangs. Part of the charm!

Slim

#3 ·
So true! Although she was a massed produced vehicle, she is still rather unique. There are so many "64 1/2" features on her that I started refering to her as a 64 3/4.

#5 ·
Thanks!

I appreciate the link. As I restore my pony, I'm trying to identify all of the date codes and features, so the more I know what to look for the better!

P.S. I'll be moving (along with my Winbledon White pony) to the Frankfurt, Germany area next year. See you on the Autobahn when I visit Holland. (I'll be in the right-hand lane going about 85 kph!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.