'65 Coupe Progress - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default '65 Coupe Progress

We finally worked out all the wrinkles with the MTF side scoops, did a last primer coat and are now ready to start jamming the car. As mentioned previously, the color will be emberglo, done with base coat/clear coat. The scoops were definitely not as easy as the video made them look but the results should be worth the extra work. I am still worried about the alignment of the front edge of the scoop and the door. We will know more when the doors go on. To date and including the final paint material, I have approximately $2000 in material costs for the paint. That includes everything from sand paper to thinners, tape, masking paper, etc. I will attach photos although they aren't the best quality. The car has been totally reworked on a rotisserie and includes installation of the Mustangs Plus Chassis Strengthening Kit, installation of a 351W, Tremec 5-speed, 2000 Explorer 8.8 traction-loc rear with 355 gearing and disc brakes. GT front and rear valances, Shelby hood. Unisteer power steering. Opentrack front suspension. Hedman headers. 620 coil springs. '66 motor mounts. 4.5 mideye rear springs. '76 Granada front disc brakes. Export brace and Monte Carlo bar. Griffin radiator. KYB gr2 shocks. NPD emberglo Pony interior kit. 15" Magnum 500 wheels. SSBC booster/master cylinder. Retrosound radio. American Autowire wiring harness. Too much to list it all but there it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo12.JPG (27.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg photo13.JPG (29.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg photo14.JPG (37.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg photo15.JPG (26.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg photo16.JPG (27.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg photo17.JPG (28.1 KB, 30 views)
Briarpatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just curious. Why aren't the doors on in this stage?

Slim

'68 vert. driver. Owned since '77. C code AT, AC, PS, P disc B, PT lime gold, standard black interior and top. NOS RF fender and left quarter.New top and folding glass.
slim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Coupe Progress

Slim - We haven't installed the doors to make the jaming easier. After we jam everything, we will install the doors before applying the basecoat.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

You mentioned concern for how the scoop would match. When I've had doors off first concern is aligning to quarters and rockers then fenders to door. Just me!
slim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Doors

We have had the doors on and off several times for fit. The last time on the fit was great. The front line of the side scoops fit over the original fender panel. I am not sure how this will look with the door in place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.