Wake up - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnBob 65 Mustang View Post
I'm restoring ours and it will be driven hard and may see some track time of some kind.
These cars are meant to driven and the more spirited driving the better....

It is a sin to let these cars sit. I feel sooo much sadness for those people who have non driven concurs cars thinking they are enjoying themselves owning a boat anchor.

Too each his own, but your not getting the full experience of owning a car if it is not driven like it is meant to be.

That includes beating the piss out of it and putting her away wet at times.
Lynn
I agree with this 110%. No garage queens at my house. My 65 gets between 6-8k miles/yr going to work in the summer. All fun back roads, a few peel outs if I'm feeling particularly frisky, playing with Honda's etc. This is my toy car. I was never one of those kids that left a toy in the original packaging like the guy in "40 Year Old Virgin".

I loved it!

Current
200 CI, T5, Comp Cam 260H ,Dual Exhaust Headers, OZ 250/2V head, Holley 390 4V, DS2 Ignition w/ MSD Digital 6+, GT 5 lug disc brakes, 8" rear end, V-8 Steering

Current Project:
5.0 EFI with Megasquirt, BBK SSI intake Manifold, Trickflow TW170 AL Heads, TF Stage 1 Cam...and a quiet as hell exhaust. Want it to sound like an I6...

"It's not how fast you go...but how go you fast"
CobraSix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #32 (permalink)

I dont build them to baby em.
The day I worry more about paint chips rather than having fun in my car is the day I look for another hobby.
My last car I couldn't take out without my son 8 and daughter 13 demanding a smoky burnout. When the Mustang is done I expect the same.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #33 (permalink)

Like others have said... if you can build it once, build it again! The Pam is a great idea. And if there's some rubber on my paint... so what? Dings happen, dents happen, life happens. If I managed to keep my car in impeccable condition it'd be only because I never took it out of the garage - and that won't happen. I'm not going out of my way to destroy my paint, but I'm not going to baby the car constantly.

Wish I could do donuts like that! Hell, even one donut. Never have found a good place in my immediate area to figure it out without the cops coming down.

Calamity Jane 1966 Modified Fastback
Wrecked and rebuilt even better
Daily driven (except when it's snowing)
289 v8, 4-speed, 3.25 9" rear, goodies and stuff.

10,051 mile road trip recently complete! See the travel blog here for my adventures: http://calamityjaneroadtrip.blogspot.com/
Kelly_H is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #34 (permalink)

That looks like fun. Those tires sure put down some heavy black rubber. Has anyone ever caught their back wheels on fire doing a burnout?

At times, I succumb to the juvenile urge to burn rubber. If my '65 runs like I hop eit will, I'm sure I'll be testing the car. Luckily I have an '06 Mustang and I have no problem doing burn outs in that car.

Here's a slideshow set to ZZ Top's 'Manic Mechanic'. It seems lame compared to the guy in the Shelby...unfortunately I didn't have a video camera, so all I have is this slideshow compilation. It was time for new tires, and before I went to the tire store I completely thrashed the old ones. I did a few straight-line burnouts and a bunch of donuts. This is at a school parking lot near my house, the tire marks are still there.

When I was finished having fun I drove to the tires store. When we got the wheels off the car I noticed that big chunks of the tires were missing, I guess torn off by the heat and friction. I'm glad I didn't have a blowout or have tread separation!

Cheers!

Daily Driver
2006 GT Convertible

Toys & projects
1968 GT/CS
1965 Craigslist Mustang
1969 Barn-Find Coupe
1965 Fastback money pit
stephanorf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 03:53 AM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to TheShagg Send a message via AIM to TheShagg Send a message via MSN to TheShagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxum96 View Post
With somewhere in the neighborhood of 600hp, TKO 5 speed transmission, 4.11 gears with a Detroit True Trac, and a heavy duty driveline with traction bars, I most certainly intend to drag race my car, road race it, and do burnouts.
Pretty sure you are going to be doing peg leg burnouts, no? Unless you start working the brakes to force torque splitting?

- Word to yo mutha.
TheShagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #36 (permalink)
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Vaseline
UH OH !
Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #37 (permalink)
I won a special award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShagg View Post
Pretty sure you are going to be doing peg leg burnouts, no? Unless you start working the brakes to force torque splitting?

Nope. When you put power to the rearend, both tires will spin. I was worried about that when I bought the car and the True Trac came in it. But trust me, i've tested it.
Link to my Hub Garage and blog about my car http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/maxum96

Maxum96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.