1969 mustang GT 7WA code. - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbup 1969 mustang GT 7WA code.

Here is my problem: I bought a 1969 mustang GT with 7WA interior code. I had some people say that this denotes different teak panels. Marti says: White Decor Vinyl Bucket Seats with black components. What exactly does this mean?
Some people say it shows a unknown deviation from standard 7W

Another post I found from 1998 says:You should be thrilled to hear your car's interior, while
rare, is not some sort of jury-rigged "special". In fact,
trim 7WA means:
White vinyl Low-back "deluxe" bucket seats w/ "clarion" knit insert
This was availble only for 1969 model 76B - a decor group
Mustang convertible. Your description seems in compliance
with the description offered in 1969's "Car Facts" dealer
guide. Some purported "decoders" give short shrift to such
descriptions, creating more questions than they answer. I
hope to clear these up with my forthcoming (we should all
live so long) Windows-based decoder...everything you ever
wanted to know about trim codes. ;-) This was written by Allen Cross whom it seems knew a lot about mustangs.
Does anyone know what the 7WA code means. Thanks
69DroptopGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

69DroptopGT,

Congrats on the new 69 GT convertible. That is exactly the kind of car I am looking for.

From the research I have done in the past, the "A" in "7WA" denotes the switch over in production from the light teak woodgrain trim to the dark walnut trim that took place on January 6, 1969. So if you had interior trim code "7W", it means you have the light teak wood trim with a white deluxe interior. Interior trim code "7WA" would mean you have the dark walnut trim with a white deluxe interior. I am assuming your Mustang was built after 1/6/69.

The Marti report that says "White Decor Vinyl Bucket Seats with black components" means your interior has white vinyl deluxe seats with a black dash, black carpeting, black seat belts, and a black console (if you have one). The deluxe door panels would be white with black carpeting below them. One of the most beautiful 1969 interior color combinations in my opinion.

If anyone see's something incorrect here, feel free to chime in and correct it.
Black standard interior w/High Back Seats

See My Pics Here

S Code Mustang Registry

69convert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the answer. It is nice to get someone else's feedback on this. Yeah this is kinda what I am reading. I just want to make sure that I have the right interior before I order next month. I guess the option is kinda rare so I want to make sure I get it right. Marti said that only 125 of these in 1969. I got so lucky finding my car at auction at such a good price. Thing was the "deluxe" interior is not the "standard" delux interior so that why I have looked into it more closely. I beleive what Mr. cross said in 1998 might be true. I agree definately one of the nicest interiors I agree, plus it is the acapulco blue exterior. I ordered the masterparts and acessory dvd to see if they offer more info. By the way your car looks awesome.

Last edited by 69DroptopGT; 11-22-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

IIRC, there were two possible non-mach1 deluxe interiors, differentiated by woodgrain dash panels, or lack thereof. Sounds like you have a rare bird indeed. If you had the deluxe heater, which included the AC-style center outlet, rarity would go through the roof.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

22GT no AC but I extremely happy. A nice car only need some light body work and new floor pans. Also, of course with the questions lol, it needs new interior. Original motor with everything (air cleaner and ect) on it that runs (a little bit of blow by not too bad). Plus a 351 4v car. Original am/8track stereo radio. I'm pulling engine and drivetrain to put into storage. Gonna put another 351 windsor in with a T5z. Besides that, I'm gonna keep it stock. Probably add power steering also. Last owner was a ford engineer that passed that collected mustangs. There were like 10 of them at the auction (plus like 60 other cars mostly ford). They had a boss 302, plus others. Boss needed everything done to it. I sold for I think like 10-11g. Every piece of metal needed replacement. Original engine gone. Too much project for me lol. But my car was first so I think not too many people wanted to bid on it and I got it. Most of the mustangs were in rough shape but they had something odd with thier builds. I think that why he ended up with this one. He had the info when he bought these that most people would not have had in the early 80's. He seemed to have just bought be never worked on them. They had been stored since 1985 in a polebarn filled to rafters with all sorts of stuff. I put my 2 GTO (1968 and 69 converts) projects on backburner until this is done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.