Tonights episode of Fast 'n Loud features a 68 Shelby GT 350 - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tonights episode of Fast 'n Loud features a 68 Shelby GT 350

Recorded it on the Discovery Channel HD, watching it now. It replays at 10pm pacific time
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdc67stang View Post
Recorded it on the Discovery Channel HD, watching it now. It replays at 10pm pacific time
Can you post it here or is that too much band width?
vipex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Don't tell me, they're going to convert it into an Eleanor or some such stupidity.

MCA #72655
aolshove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Nope, is unmolested, but I could care less about the Shelby. However, I have been lusting after his green Thomas Crown convertible.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

NO, they are going to do all the body and paint work in 24 hours, give the engine a rattle can rebuild and have the Asian lady recover the seats. Then they will have a bunch of drama when they sell it at a loss.
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

I saw they got the old GT350 running. That was really cool. I'd drive it like that. I hope it doesn't get Eleanorized.

I did notice that Apache truck they sold didn't even have a dome light installed.

Just like an Eleanor, that convertible on the Thomas Crown Affair is not something I would want. Eww...

I wish the real Eleanor got more publicity.

1997 Cobra Convertible (stock)
1965 Mustang 302, T5, 9 Inch
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/me...-100-1108.html

Last edited by tx65coupe; 12-11-2012 at 01:40 AM.
tx65coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito View Post
NO, they are going to do all the body and paint work in 24 hours, give the engine a rattle can rebuild and have the Asian lady recover the seats. Then they will have a bunch of drama when they sell it at a loss.
That about sums up every episode I've seen. My favorite person in the whole show is the Asian upholstery lady. She can bang out custom leather seats like no other!!
Mustmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

I see we have some haters out there. Just because they don't do a full restoration on every car, or spend years to do it, doesn't mean they aren't done well(I can't say either way, so I don't talk $h!t). I will say I was disappointed with the trucks paint job. The hood looked way lighter than the body. I did see the cab light missing. Maybe they put it in after the test drive

I'm still surprised someone would pay $35000 for a rust bucket gt350
Old 12-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

The car was flipped again ; see the link to the ad. I think it was a bargain at $25k, but about right at $35k and 40k. 1968 Shelby GT350
GT350R Klone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT350R Klone View Post
The car was flipped again ; see the link to the ad. I think it was a bargain at $25k, but about right at $35k and 40k. 1968 Shelby GT350
Agreed. But is the ad Fast 'n Loud's or is it 'Stuart Singer's (the buyer on the show) ad?
gjz30075 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdc67stang View Post
I see we have some haters out there. Just because they don't do a full restoration on every car, or spend years to do it, doesn't mean they aren't done well(I can't say either way, so I don't talk $h!t).
I had to laugh at this My mind went right to the post about people who own fastbacks being snobs lol

I could care less what these guys do to THEIR cars before they sell them. I don't see the cars in person and can not compare their work to what other people's cars look like on this site.

I think the selling price of the 350 was about right when Garage Monkey sold it. I think that add is from Fast and Loud.
Stevea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hrmm... the link in the ad is for CBJeep, but those are pics taken at his shop.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

As I see it, I agree people can do whatever they like with their cars. But I've watched several episodes of this show and I'm really not interested in watching the Gas Monkey flip cars with absolute minimal cost and effort. If he can make money doing this, good for him. And if other people like watching the show, cool.

I did enjoy watching his chrome-vinyl "drifter car" go across the auction block without a single bid.

I think the problem is most classic car enthusiasts would like to see a TV show about real restorations that follows the process in detail. Unfortunately, considering the attention span of most TV viewers these days, no producer would greenlight such a show.

So, we have a few "short attention span theater" TV shows about cars. I suppose that's better than nothing, which is what happened with woodworking shows.
Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

I noticed in the pictures that the Shelby air cleaner was gone and in the show they showed the guy bringing it out of the shop to give to the guy buying it. My wife said it looked like they were going to keep the original air cleaner.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutch View Post
As I see it, I agree people can do whatever they like with their cars. But I've watched several episodes of this show and I'm really not interested in watching the Gas Monkey flip cars with absolute minimal cost and effort. If he can make money doing this, good for him. And if other people like watching the show, cool.

I did enjoy watching his chrome-vinyl "drifter car" go across the auction block without a single bid.

I think the problem is most classic car enthusiasts would like to see a TV show about real restorations that follows the process in detail. Unfortunately, considering the attention span of most TV viewers these days, no producer would greenlight such a show.

So, we have a few "short attention span theater" TV shows about cars. I suppose that's better than nothing, which is what happened with woodworking shows.

This show is for entertainment only, not in anyway a restoration show. I do think that they represent shops that do the same thing they do. They turn cars, put lipstick on the pig and sell it, and they do a few nice cars now and then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.