Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Fast XFI 2.0 newbie w Mach1 -73

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ALLIANderS 
#1 ·
Hello!

My name is Anders and im from Sweden. I have a 1973 Mach 1 q code. This winter a ford racing 427 stroker (estimated 535hp @ 5 600 )
go in the Mach and with that a Fast XFI 2.0 efi with rails mounted on a super viktor manifold.

Anyone here on this excellent forum having experience with fast XFI efi? Im about to (late dec - jan 2013ich) dynotune the engine with the efi. One tune with 95 octane and one with e85 (we have e85 on every gasstation here in sweden).

<A href="http://www.mustangclubsweden.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=22856&d=1352797078" target=_blank>

See less See more
#5 ·
Thats good to hear!
I have spent some time in the C comp program but only in demo mode since i havent connected the XFI yet. Looks pretty straight forward with some premade files that get me going with a little adjustments then I guess theres room to tune and tune and tune... :) .

#7 ·
Nice car!
I just switched to a FAST XFI on my 65 this past spring and with in a day of tuning i was driving. Just be prepared to do A lot of reading. I printed off what I could find on there website and studied it as much as i could. And Fast does great job on helping with tech. Here a few sites that helped me.
FAST Product Tech - CPG Nation Forum
FAST Product Support - CPG Nation Forum
Thanks!
Nice to see a XFI friend :). Are you happy with it so far? I have asked some questions on the CPG and they are, as you write, very helpful. If I totally mess up the mapping theres allways a way out with the remote connect pc to pc to XFI :p .

#8 ·
Yes I really like it. I've used a few other tuners like tweecer & moates when I had a ECU out of a 1991 5.0 mustang in my car. The fast is more user friendly in my own opinion. The biggest problem I had with my fast unit is i bought it used and my wiring harness was hacked up bad. So i had to take time and fix and rewire it. I just didn't want to shell out another $350 for a new harness.

#10 ·
I have choosen 60 lb/hr injectors to try to handle both 95 octane and e85. With 95 octane I need about 32 lb/hr with a 43.5 base pressure and 80% dutycycle. And the e85 takes (hopefully) 60 lb/hr. I guess I can go up to 90% dutycycle if needed. If the e85 is working well I think thats what I will run with :) .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.