Fast XFI 2.0 newbie w Mach1 -73 - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fast XFI 2.0 newbie w Mach1 -73

Hello!

My name is Anders and im from Sweden. I have a 1973 Mach 1 q code. This winter a ford racing 427 stroker (estimated 535hp @ 5 600 )
go in the Mach and with that a Fast XFI 2.0 efi with rails mounted on a super viktor manifold.

Anyone here on this excellent forum having experience with fast XFI efi? Im about to (late dec - jan 2013ich) dynotune the engine with the efi. One tune with 95 octane and one with e85 (we have e85 on every gasstation here in sweden).

ALLIANderS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have not used one but I have read very good things on that set up. I have a MASS FLO with the victor intake with the fuel rails in the intake on my 64 Comet with a 408W but have not fired it up yet. Keep us posted on your progress.
cmefly is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmefly View Post
I have not used one but I have read very good things on that set up. I have a MASS FLO with the victor intake with the fuel rails in the intake on my 64 Comet with a 408W but have not fired it up yet. Keep us posted on your progress.
Nice setup for your 64 comet . I will keep you posted and hope to see your progress as well
Old 12-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

Nice looking setup. I've tuned a couple of race cars with the XFI setup. I was impressed with the datalogging capability and user interface wasn't too complicated.
Injected65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injected65 View Post
Nice looking setup. I've tuned a couple of race cars with the XFI setup. I was impressed with the datalogging capability and user interface wasn't too complicated.
Thats good to hear!
I have spent some time in the C comp program but only in demo mode since i havent connected the XFI yet. Looks pretty straight forward with some premade files that get me going with a little adjustments then I guess theres room to tune and tune and tune... .
Old 12-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLIANderS View Post
Hello!

My name is Anders and im from Sweden. I have a 1973 Mach 1 q code. This winter a ford racing 427 stroker (estimated 535hp @ 5 600 )
go in the Mach and with that a Fast XFI 2.0 efi with rails mounted on a super viktor manifold.

Anyone here on this excellent forum having experience with fast XFI efi? Im about to (late dec - jan 2013ich) dynotune the engine with the efi. One tune with 95 octane and one with e85 (we have e85 on every gasstation here in sweden).

Nice car!
I just switched to a FAST XFI on my 65 this past spring and with in a day of tuning i was driving. Just be prepared to do A lot of reading. I printed off what I could find on there website and studied it as much as i could. And Fast does great job on helping with tech. Here a few sites that helped me.
FAST Product Tech - CPG Nation Forum
FAST Product Support - CPG Nation Forum
knuckl-head is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckl-head View Post
Nice car!
I just switched to a FAST XFI on my 65 this past spring and with in a day of tuning i was driving. Just be prepared to do A lot of reading. I printed off what I could find on there website and studied it as much as i could. And Fast does great job on helping with tech. Here a few sites that helped me.
FAST Product Tech - CPG Nation Forum
FAST Product Support - CPG Nation Forum
Thanks!
Nice to see a XFI friend . Are you happy with it so far? I have asked some questions on the CPG and they are, as you write, very helpful. If I totally mess up the mapping theres allways a way out with the remote connect pc to pc to XFI .
Old 12-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yes I really like it. I've used a few other tuners like tweecer & moates when I had a ECU out of a 1991 5.0 mustang in my car. The fast is more user friendly in my own opinion. The biggest problem I had with my fast unit is i bought it used and my wiring harness was hacked up bad. So i had to take time and fix and rewire it. I just didn't want to shell out another $350 for a new harness.
knuckl-head is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLIANderS View Post
One tune with 95 octane and one with e85
I understand that it can handle dual tunes, but doesn't e85 require a lot more injector than the 95 (very jealous of both of those options btw)?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66resto View Post
I understand that it can handle dual tunes, but doesn't e85 require a lot more injector than the 95 (very jealous of both of those options btw)?
I have choosen 60 lb/hr injectors to try to handle both 95 octane and e85. With 95 octane I need about 32 lb/hr with a 43.5 base pressure and 80% dutycycle. And the e85 takes (hopefully) 60 lb/hr. I guess I can go up to 90% dutycycle if needed. If the e85 is working well I think thats what I will run with .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.