Silver Springs sellout - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordguy View Post
can you enter a project car and bring it in on a trailer? lol. mine looks about the same as it is in my sig right now. actually next year i should be driving the car. can you bring a non painted ( primer/paint combo
) into the show? i'll be going anyway, always heard it was a great show. can't wait.

I was just gonna comment on what a nice ride you have,...figured you were going for the newly super popular patina look
Son,.........."This old car is cool."

USMC Security Forces, Kamiseya Japan, 0311

Build Thread: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...sted-pile.html
Israel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #32 (permalink)

I went to this show when I was stationed in Tampa. This is one of the best Mustang get togethers in the country. I highly recommend you go if you get the chance. This is truly Mustang heaven. The park is awesome and there is more to do there than just look at cars. That is if 1500 cars is not enough for you LOL.fficeffice" />
Old 01-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post
I was just gonna comment on what a nice ride you have,...figured you were going for the newly super popular patina look

thanks . i actually like the way it looks also,lol, but at the show i saw the color mine should be ( antique bronze ), looks sooooo good, so it'll get painted someday.....

fordguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #34 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff33702 View Post
Rick - I would have loved to come back the second day to see if I had a chance at winning my class but previous family plans made it impossible for a two day show. In my case, and a I'm sure many others, it had nothing to do with not caring enough to stay or lack of commitment.

Doesn't it say something for the people who drove a long way for a 1-day show, knowing that they wouldn't be eligible to win any classes? I'd say those people are just as much of enthusiasts as anyone else who stayed both days.

Edit: And I'll add a big thanks for even having it. It's the best venue I've ever been to for a show and I wouldn't miss it whether it was 1-day or two!
Don't worry, I wasn't aiming my comment at you, but surely 600 other Mustangers didn't coincidentally have family plans as well for Sunday.

But I sure don't like to put all the work and resources into the show, and then have to pay to ship awards to winners who are sitting home watching a ball game. So I have a rule that you need to be present to win, and this year only a few classes didn't have the 1st-place winner present, which was actually darned good.

But in the end, you've gotta follow the will of the people, and I'm wondering if the people (on balance) would prefer a 1-day event. In any case, I'm glad you enjoyed it, and hopefully (there's alot of turmoil currently as to who will be running the park next time around) we'll see you again next year!
69bossnine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6hypoconv View Post
Thats a Beutiful Merc!! would have been very welcome at the show!! not really too much like it there!
Gotta agree re that Merc! Very nice design with a smidgen of bling. GOOD TASTE!!
yelostang is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to jeff33702

Was one of those clases 87-93?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelostang View Post
Gotta agree re that Merc! Very nice design with a smidgen of bling. GOOD TASTE!!
Thanks for the compliments you'll. Maybe I can make the show next year....wouldn't be the first time I've driven it to FL. A lot more comfortable ride than one of my mustangs would be.

Last edited by horsehead; 01-15-2013 at 02:15 PM.
horsehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #38 (permalink)

Thumbup Silver Springs

There just isn't enough you can say about how great the show was this year. Weather could not have been better- (I remember the snow!).Lots of cars to see, too many friends to catch up with, and NPD really went overboard helping us out when we had a problem with the 69. The store even opened after hours to exchange a radiator that would not fit so we were ready to go for Sunday morning, back into the show. If you're anywhere near central Fla, sign up next year, as it only gets better.
69 GT Convertible- 90,000 miles Invited by Ford to SEMA
08 Coupe
08 P-71 Police Intercepter
200 F-250 Lariat, 2010 F-250 King Ranch
PonyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #39 (permalink)

Grin

I have to agree with PonyDoc. A great show. But I had a blast on the "tour" to Cedar Key. It was the first time for me and I had a ton of fun! Rented a golf cart and covered a lot more ground than I could on foot. Spent some money there as well....good for the economy. Can't wait 'till next year!
1970 Mustang Coupe 302 C4 A/T 3:00 axle Autolite 2100D 2V with Fctory Saddle vinyl roof Factory AC w/ CAA update Deluxe Marti Report

2013 GT Premium Coupe Equip. Group 400A MT82 Axle Promo Pkg. All Stock ( Some Apperance Mods )
Harleyjoe43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #40 (permalink)
VMF Full-Timer

Did the Pony run take a different route this year ? Usually goes up I-75 to 326 then out through horse farm country. Just curious.

Dale
1970 Grabber, 351 W.
"Rust never sleeps"
'70 StangMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #41 (permalink)

We loved the show and the weather was great...lower 80s and sunshine. More than just Mustangs to look at and the park was fun also. Food and drink prices a little high but not as bad as Cowboys stadium in Texas. We will go again and might even go when they have those other cars.
tooponies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #42 (permalink)

at least florida residents got 50% off admission, that helped a ton since i had 3 people with me. can't wait until next year.

fordguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #43 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by '70 StangMan View Post
Did the Pony run take a different route this year ? Usually goes up I-75 to 326 then out through horse farm country. Just curious.
We've eliminated I-75 because it was getting too dangerous with the line of cars extending up the off-ramp waiting to turn onto CR326.

Now we turn west on SR40, and zig-zag our way via 225A to CR326, and then take the old route.

I don't change that route, because it can't be beat.

Back in the early years, we tried other destinations going in all directions. For lack of a more accurate descriptor, they all sucked big-time. Going to Daytona via SR40 is a nightmare (too much traffic). Going to Homasassa is a non-scenic rather-ugly drive, and once there, same problem with where do you go and where do you eat.

South of Ocala has developed into contiguous urban sprawl, no good routes that are 100% "back-road". The year that we attempted to circle down through Belleview and around Lake Weir we only had 40 cars, and it was still impossible to hang together, nothing but shrub to see, and nowhere neat to go.

Cedar Key simply "works", so I gave up doing messy, frustrating, impossible to stay-together routes/destinations, and hung my hat on Cedar Key via 326, which is arguably one of the prettiest and least-travelled roads in central FL.
69bossnine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #44 (permalink)
VMF Full-Timer

Thank's Rick. I'm always at work when ya'll come by (right down from the 40 entrance ramp) and watch the parade go by. Stood out there until 10:30 watching semi's go by. I figured something changed.

Dale
1970 Grabber, 351 W.
"Rust never sleeps"
'70 StangMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.