Monte Carlo Bar - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stockton, Nor-Cal
Posts: 774
Default Monte Carlo Bar

Looking for one for the I6, like this one, has anyone ever seen one?

Mustang Monte Carlo Bar Curved Chrome 1967-1970 | CJ Pony Parts

just wanting to pretty up the engine compartment, looking for the chrome shock caps also, I already have the back section that goes from the firewall to the shock towers.
slotracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lemonshindig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spokane/Pullman, WA
Posts: 2,482
Default

What's different about the I6 cars that would require a different bar? Is the air cleaner further forward than on a v8?

-Matt
__________________
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." - Billy Joel, Only The Good Die Young
lemonshindig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
LynnBob 65 Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NE PA
Posts: 2,314
Default

Most curved bars are for taller aftermarket V8 distributors or oval air cleaners.
I think a straight bar should be fine for a I6 car.
Lynn
__________________

'99 GT automatic
CDC Shaker scoop, K&N Filter
MAC cat back
Max Speed 1 Lowering springs
KYB GR2 shocks and struts
Cobra front brakes

'65 Mustang coupe in progress
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...lots-pics.html
LynnBob 65 Mustang is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 597
Default

I got the non chrome, curved bar (scott drake one), it won't fit my i6, still hits the air cleaner. It's still in the plastic bag it came in, in my basement. if you were in NJ, I'd give it to you, I'm too lazy to ship it.....
__________________

George
1966 Sprint 200
It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milk Bone Underwear. Norm Peterson
George.Galo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stockton, Nor-Cal
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by George.Galo View Post
I got the non chrome, curved bar (scott drake one), it won't fit my i6, still hits the air cleaner. It's still in the plastic bag it came in, in my basement. if you were in NJ, I'd give it to you, I'm too lazy to ship it.....
Well if you decide to ship it, I will take it. Correct that it hits the air cleaner, the air cleaner sits off center and alittle forward than the V8 one.
slotracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
22GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southeastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 23,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonshindig View Post
What's different about the I6 cars that would require a different bar? Is the air cleaner further forward than on a v8?

-Matt
No, but it's not in the center, it's on the right side.
__________________
Amateur restorer. Well, sometimes I have been paid for it. But not right now.
22GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lemonshindig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spokane/Pullman, WA
Posts: 2,482
Default

Oh, well... That makes sense. Since an I6 is so light, I would probably just use a good export brace and call it a day.
__________________
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." - Billy Joel, Only The Good Die Young
lemonshindig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stockton, Nor-Cal
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonshindig View Post
Oh, well... That makes sense. Since an I6 is so light, I would probably just use a good export brace and call it a day.
I have the brace, just want to be different and have the bar also
slotracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Garth66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 59
Default

Have you checked out the Monte Carlo bars at Mustangs Unlimited? They have one for Weber equipped cars with an offset bump out:
Mustangs Unlimited - The Premier Source for Mustang, Shelby and Cougar Parts and Accessories

Give them a call and get some measurements from the bar to check against your air cleaner position.

Cheers!
Garth
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monte-carlo_A600W-C.jpg (4.9 KB, 6 views)
__________________
________________________
66 Mustang GT Fastback
70 Mustang Mach 1
72 DeTomaso Pantera
69 Cutlass Convertible

Last edited by Garth66; 12-23-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Garth66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lemonshindig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spokane/Pullman, WA
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth66 View Post
Have you checked out the Monte Carlo bars at Mustangs Unlimited? They have one for Weber equipped cars with an offset bump out:
Mustangs Unlimited - The Premier Source for Mustang, Shelby and Cougar Parts and Accessories

Give them a call and get some measurements from the bar to check against your air cleaner position.

Cheers!
Garth
That ad specifies 6 cylinder as well as the weber setup. Good catch!

-Matt
__________________
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." - Billy Joel, Only The Good Die Young
lemonshindig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
CDs68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ione, CA
Posts: 51
Default

Or if you are going to buy one.... since you are in the MustangsPlus area save shipping cost and see if they have one.
CDs68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stockton, Nor-Cal
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDs68 View Post
Or if you are going to buy one.... since you are in the MustangsPlus area save shipping cost and see if they have one.
I will check with them, but most times I go there or call them, most parts are on back order or they have to order them and you have to wait for what seems months to get a part, I was there on Friday and there were these guys getting parts for a 67, every other part had to be ordered for them, I know they spent some $$$$$$$$$$$$$ there. They have a guy who works there that seems to know just about nothing when it comes to parts, what ever is in the catalog is all he knows about.

Last edited by slotracer; 12-24-2012 at 09:50 AM.
slotracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stockton, Nor-Cal
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth66 View Post
Have you checked out the Monte Carlo bars at Mustangs Unlimited? They have one for Weber equipped cars with an offset bump out:
Mustangs Unlimited - The Premier Source for Mustang, Shelby and Cougar Parts and Accessories

Give them a call and get some measurements from the bar to check against your air cleaner position.

Cheers!
Garth
Thank you, I have ordered parts from them already and they are great to deal with.
slotracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
CDs68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ione, CA
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotracer View Post
I will check with them, but most times I go there or call them, most parts are on back order or they have to order them and you have to wait for what seems months to get a part, I was there on Friday and there were these guys getting parts for a 67, every other part had to be ordered for them, I know they spent some $$$$$$$$$$$$$ there. They have a guy who works there that seems to know just about nothing when it comes to parts, what ever is in the catalog is all he knows about.

I Havent been down there in a while (and its only 40 minutes from me). Sounds like they maybe falling appart, if thats the case go else where. Maybe they should hire some guys that have Mustang experiance and someone that knows how to run a online baised store...just sayin
CDs68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stockton, Nor-Cal
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDs68 View Post
I Havent been down there in a while (and its only 40 minutes from me). Sounds like they maybe falling appart, if thats the case go else where. Maybe they should hire some guys that have Mustang experiance and someone that knows how to run a online baised store...just sayin
this is so true, the owners should really check out there own store and who ever is running it for them, when someone needs a part and goes to the store, if they are like me, they do not want to hear it will be 2-3 weeks before they can have it, I had to have a quarter panel and the guy told me, it would have to be ordered and could be up to 3 months to get depending on the boat and container getting to the states, I called another place out of state and they had Dynacorn ship the next day, yes I paid shipping but I was able to get the part to the body shop so they could continue the work on my car.
slotracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.