What Color? - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What Color?

I 66 GT Coupe undergoing restoration. Its original color is Emberglow with emberglow/ parchment deluxe interior. I prefer red, white or blue which are what I usually buy. Tan and yellow are ok. Should I change the color to one I like or is it better for resale not to change the color?
wyominggaswell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Emberglow and parchment are one of my favorite color combo's. I'd love to have an emberglow car.

65 convertible, 289 C code, C4 automatic, Wimbledon white, red interior.
grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyominggaswell View Post
I 66 GT Coupe undergoing restoration. Its original color is Emberglow with emberglow/ parchment deluxe interior. I prefer red, white or blue which are what I usually buy. Tan and yellow are ok. Should I change the color to one I like or is it better for resale not to change the color?
I have a 65 GT coupe with low miles and full documentation and I am building it how I want it. It was originally Silver Smoke and now is going PPG Silver/Blue with the Blue and white pony interior. So you can see where i stand on the subject.
cmefly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Emberglo and the Emberglow and Parchment interior is possibly the best color combo ever devised for the Mustang. Have you ever seen it in new condition? And yes, the resale on that combo is superior to the common colors you describe.

If you plan to die and be buried in the car, paint whattever color you want, but it sounds like a For Sale sign is in the near future, so go with Emberglo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1966_00139_01.jpg (98.0 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by 22GT; 01-02-2013 at 07:51 PM.
22GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Emberglow is fantastic beautiful color. It's your car do what you prefer. If the car is a Shelby or a K code maybe original is a big deal, even then do what trhe heck you want!!

Slim

'68 vert. driver. Owned since '77. C code AT, AC, PS, P disc B, PT lime gold, standard black interior and top. NOS RF fender and left quarter.New top and folding glass.
slim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default What color?

Looking at the picture 22GT sent makes Emberglo look better than I thought or remenbered. Since my car had the same color top I now have something to look at. I might have the identical car. It's a San Jose built deluxe GT with air counsel and an automatic. I got it with a 4 spd though.
Thank you for the input.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyominggaswell View Post
Looking at the picture 22GT sent makes Emberglo look better than I thought or remenbered. Since my car had the same color top I now have something to look at. I might have the identical car. It's a San Jose built deluxe GT with air counsel and an automatic. I got it with a 4 spd though.
Thank you for the input.
Nice. The deeply metallic Emberglo really pops in person, the photo doesn't even come close to doing it justice. You get a fresh coat of BC/CC Emberglo on that car you'll wonder why you ever thought of changing it.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

My fastback is Emberglo and parchment interior . It is great combination. I get a ton of complements and everyone wants to know what the color is . It is a very unique color and it seems to be a timeless color.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member.../684405_28.jpg http://memimage.cardomain.net/member.../684405_16.jpghttp://memimage.cardomain.net/member.../2994749_2.jpg
Bob66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

Another vote for Emberglow here!

1966 Mustang GT Convertible, A Code, Emberglow, 76B Pony Interior, Styled Steel Wheels, PS,
PT, Rally Pac, Console, Discs: Rotisserie Resto Baby!

1970 Mustang Mach 1, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/402656...-ford-mustang/

1987 Stage II Buick Grand National - for sale!
smithers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

I also love emberglow.

Bottom line, it's your car. Do what you want and don't worry about resale value unless you are only restore it to sell it (which usually means losing money).

Current
200 CI, T5, Comp Cam 260H ,Dual Exhaust Headers, OZ 250/2V head, Holley 390 4V, DS2 Ignition w/ MSD Digital 6+, GT 5 lug disc brakes, 8" rear end, V-8 Steering

Current Project:
5.0 EFI with Megasquirt, BBK SSI intake Manifold, Trickflow TW170 AL Heads, TF Stage 1 Cam...and a quiet as hell exhaust. Want it to sound like an I6...

"It's not how fast you go...but how go you fast"
CobraSix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

You have a coupe. To begin with you aren't going to make any big $ on it when finished. As seen above, that color combo is appealing to many. You have an ideal color combo as it is. I wouldn't invest anymore money changing colors on the interior or outside, then losing it when you sell it.

Keep the color combo you have and sell it as it is, or restore it, then buy what you want in red or blue.
fastback65gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

I'll just leave these here (none are mine, but I think a member here btw...)

jtfx6552 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #13 (permalink)

Default What color? Emberglo it is.

Thank you one and all. the pictures look great. I have a signal flare red GT coupe also. I really like that color, but I must say I like the Emberglo and parchment interior better than the straight parchment the red one has.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #14 (permalink)

This is a toss up for me. If you don't like the color, change it. I don't think it would impact your resale much; it will all depend on the buyer. Such that, some will not like the color and your available market will be less, however you might find THE buyer that loves it and will pay a premium for the color and originality. It may take longer to sell, but you could in fact sell it for more. Personally, I would stay with the current colors. Dare to be different.
GT350R Klone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Keep it Emberglow. Gorgeous color/interior color combo!
66DavesGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.