Strange DSO code - Page 4 - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

K-code repro plate funny business at its best. Usually its a change of color, transmission, interior. On this one its apron VIN alteration too. Take a look at the other apron VIN/s on the car if that one is messed up for your next surprise.
Fast68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969sag View Post
The F might be for Foreign special order. The last 6 digit's should match. This is the sequential #. 375850 is the 375,850'th car made on that assembly line that year. Which also includes falcons, cougars, depending on the plant it was made at...
Ummm... that would be the 275,850th off the ***'y. line since VIN #1 was 5F08F100001. Also, no Cougars in '65 & their VINs began at 500,000... so not sequential w/ Mustangs at all. Dean
Old 02-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #48 (permalink)

Got it. Thanks. 69's are sooo much easier to understand.
1969 Mustang Grande (future unknown)
2014 Mustang V6 premium pony package

"It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down
I had the radio on, I was drivin'
Trees flew by, me and Del were singin' little Runaway
I was flyin'"
Tom Petty, Runnin Down A Dream.
1969sag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #49 (permalink)

Lets start with the DSO. In the 68 service manual, it clearly states that foreign DSO would be 6 digits long, numbers NOT letters. So, something is up.
The plate didn't look right to me either. Funny how clean it is with one scratch when there is paint residue on the lock mechanism.
Does the car have a real K motor? Thicker damper on the front? 9" rear end and not an 8"? How about the vin on the front right side of the block, just about 3/8th of an inch below where the cylinder head meets the block ((bring a mirror)) How about the K code exhaust manifolds? Carb?
What do the numbers on the title say? ask to look at that.

It MIGHT be a real K code, but, it also MIGHT be another fiddled with hot potato. Once you buy it, nobody wants it either.
67 GT 350 (#0036)("Miss July" 2004) owned since 1971. And I still drive it...SAAC 29 Concours GOLD, Div II, MCA Concours Trailered Gold 2X,
Also: 67 GTA S code COUPE (under construction)
General Shelby and Mustang enthusiast, MCA certified Concours judge
Roddster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #50 (permalink)

If all the rest is legit looking, then it is worth a bit of money. Looking at the rivets, something does not look right from what I have seen also. We know the plate is wrong so that is not surprising. But this may have been an Idiot that bought it and did not know what to put there. If it was done overseas, then the person doing it probably just put something there that would make it look like an export. and someone did not know what to put there. Talk to the guy and see how far he will go to prove it is legit. Any other problems with vins, bail on it. I'm sure it will prove to not be legit but you never know.
1965: New yorker 1968: GTO convert, Lemans convert Porche 911 1969: MustangGT convert, mustang Mach1,GTO convert, Firbird Convert 1970 Boss 302, 1972: Charger 1999:f250 CNG truck 2011:nissan altima Gotta get rid of some of these lol
69DroptopGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #51 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to 65fstbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint200 View Post
Ummm... that would be the 275,850th off the ***'y. line since VIN #1 was 5F08F100001. Also, no Cougars in '65 & their VINs began at 500,000... so not sequential w/ Mustangs at all. Dean
I agree Doug..my fastback is a "C" code fastback with the same "Q17" date from Dearborn and the vin # starts 660***... I know thats the "scheduled" date and may be a bit off...but not by 300000 units

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...-resized-1.jpg http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...de-resized.jpg
The fastback is still quite a project..so...I now have the '51 "shoebox" to drive until the mustang is done...its next!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/362544/1
http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q30/51custom/?start=0
65fstbk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.