390 GT questions - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

Car had two repaints. One by ford in 69 and a cheapo job a while back. 2 letters on the back are upside down.

I see redoing the seats and new wheels and driving it.

Peter
1965 Fastback Restomod, GT350 replica, 5.0, SSBC 4WDB, Functional side brake cooling scoops, Fuel cell, WC 5 spd, 9 inch, 355s, Vintage air, Borgenson PS, Tri Ys, side exit exhaust. GT350 hood. GT 350 Dash Pod
1990 5.0 SSP Notchback fox mustang. MO police car with full "as in service" police equipment. F&R radar, siren, PA, Roof lights, Spotlight, rear antennas, scanner and police radio.
Previous Ponies:
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, sold
2007 GT500 sold
Pmustang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmustang View Post
My dad lives in Lancaster. The car is about as far away from there as you can get.
Well, let me know if it comes to Lancaster.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #18 (permalink)

I will. Are you nearby?
1965 Fastback Restomod, GT350 replica, 5.0, SSBC 4WDB, Functional side brake cooling scoops, Fuel cell, WC 5 spd, 9 inch, 355s, Vintage air, Borgenson PS, Tri Ys, side exit exhaust. GT350 hood. GT 350 Dash Pod
1990 5.0 SSP Notchback fox mustang. MO police car with full "as in service" police equipment. F&R radar, siren, PA, Roof lights, Spotlight, rear antennas, scanner and police radio.
Previous Ponies:
2007 GT500 sold
Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #19 (permalink)

22GT said:

no clock
Impossible. The tach option included the clock. Someone removed it.

I had this discussion with the original owner on my car. I could find no evidence of a clock ever having been hooked up or installed. (Correct block out plate installed) He confirmed that the car never had a clock. The only thing I can figure is that as sixtysevenGTconv said, GT 390sthat came with a standard trans got the tach automatically and may not have triggered the mandatory clock option.

It looks like a nice car. The GT badges look funny 'cause no one trimmed out the stripe tape. The big middle stripe should break before and after the GT to show the paint underneath.

And Oh Yea! If your car came with the styled steel wheels it will show up on the Marti report. Otherwise it's steelies with hubcaps.

Last edited by SpareTime; 02-25-2013 at 02:15 PM.
SpareTime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #20 (permalink)

Thanks folks. I am in talks with the owner. He seems to be getting cold feet on selling. I made an offer and he mentioned a higher number and said he is in no rush to sell now.

I want it but overpaying is dangerous when the whole car will need to be gone through.

Peter
Previous Ponies:
2007 GT500 sold
Old 02-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
phw

Seems to be a lot of confusion about the -67 options, for example that the clock was a part of the tach option. Check facts at the dealer order sheets at my site below (Go to: About the car > 1967 Mustang Passenger Car prices).

George, you'll find that it's true that all 4sp. K and S code cars came w/ tach.

Hope it helps.

Paul

Loaded -67 GTA Conv. S-code w/ factory Bench Seat.

Check my stang site www.1967mustang.dk for more information about:
The car.
1967 Mustang accessories.
1967 Promo stuff.
Toys, etc.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...12_600x437.jpg
phw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks folks. I am in talks with the owner. He seems to be getting cold feet on selling. I made an offer and he mentioned a higher number and said he is in no rush to sell now.

I want it but overpaying is dangerous when the whole car will need to be gone through.

Peter
Since I don't know what he is asking as a counter-offer, but a car that complete/original would be worth getting at almost any reasonable. Now if he is asking $80K, I would walk away, but not knowing the numbers, it is hard to say what is fair. The FB's are just getting really hard to find complete and not elenorized.

Good luck, bug him around Christmas
68 X-Code GT/CS
xcodegtcs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phw View Post
Seems to be a lot of confusion about the -67 options, for example that the clock was a part of the tach option. Check facts at the dealer order sheets at my site below (Go to: About the car > 1967 Mustang Passenger Car prices).

George, you'll find that it's true that all 4sp. K and S code cars came w/ tach.

Hope it helps.

Paul
Thanks Paul, always learning....
Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #24 (permalink)

Update

Just got another 40 pics of the car. It's a tired old driver but a very desirable one. I asked his price for the car and his price was 3k higher than I previously offered. I came back with 1k less than his price. He then admitted he had asked his buddy for a valuation on the car and had to talk to his wife about selling it.

First it was for sale to just get a bit more than the 12k the ford dealer offered in trade to pay for a family trip and now he's looking for full retail

I am close to waking away as the dollar vs pound is in the toilet and I am several years from wanting to deal with the project.

I suggested if he wanted top money in our first discussions to chuck it on eBay i'd suspect that is what will happen.

The car has surface rust on the underside but looks very dry and damage free. Everything needs a refresh/replacement in my opinion.

Peter
Previous Ponies:
2007 GT500 sold
Old 03-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #25 (permalink)

A bit more than the 12k? Steal!!
67SCFB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 04:17 AM   #26 (permalink)

At first that what was he was saying. Now we are over twice that amount. Full retail I would say.
Previous Ponies:
2007 GT500 sold
Old 03-02-2013, 05:21 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
At first that what was he was saying. Now we are over twice that amount. Full retail I would say.
He's into full retail now, which is pretty hopeful in a declining economy. Especially with the bogus interior, and generally tired condition of the car. I think his wife has heard the cha-ching of cash. If he's still sitting on it in a few months, maybe he'll reconsider.

Unless, of course, it's the car of your dreams, and is worth full retail to you.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

I've always wanted a 390GTbut this is missing the eyeballs that make me want a car. It's just not attractive nor in a condition that warrants paying that sort of money. Someone looking at a full resto project to build the car of their dreams may think this a deal as they can eliminate most if not all metal work

Regards. Peter
Previous Ponies:
2007 GT500 sold
Old 03-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #29 (permalink)

I think 18k would be decent price. I would give him your price and walk away if he wants the sky still.
Stevea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #30 (permalink)

He refused 22k.

I went up from there and he refused.

I am walking away. I think he could have luck on eBay or may wish he took my money.
Previous Ponies:
2007 GT500 sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.