Mustang Fastback rear windshields - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Confused Mustang Fastback rear windshields

During restoration of my 67 mustang fastback, I had to install a windshield into it. I bought a used mustang fastback windshield which I was told belonged to a 67 fastback, but low and behold when I went to install it it fell through the window. Could anyone tell me what the dimensions are for the rear windshields for fastbacks different years? I am trying to resell it but do not know what year of Mustang FB it belongs on? I have tried online web searches but cannot seem to locate a site where it lists the individual dimensions of the rear windshield for the Fastbacks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Mike Stang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Can you post a pic? Are there any logo's or date codes on it..... Might be a 65-66 but not sure if they are smaller than the 67-68.. Would think they may be...
.................................................. ........................ My 70, mildly built 302, 4 spd. w/Hurst shifter, Mallory 6AL, 8'' Maverick rear 3.40 gears. Sub-frame connectors/cage. Pro-Stars, 15X7'' & 15X10'' Lowered 1'' all around. Horsehead overlook on Skyline Drive, not far from home...
horsehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

They break out as 65-66, 67-68, 69-70, and 71-73. Don't call it a windshield, that's on the front, and could result in being sold the wrong part.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Smile Will check it out

At present I have it wrapped up in a blanket. I am cleaning my garage and will clean off an area to examine more closely and take any pictures of it or codes if I find them and try to post them online for you. Thank you for your reply. I appreciate any assistance you could give me.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sorry for the misnomer. I usually call it a rear window, but in all my early searches online, they were referring to it as a rear windshield. But I agree with you wholeheartedly. I thought it was odd also when I was doing searches earlier.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stang View Post
During restoration of my 67 mustang fastback, I had to install a windshield into it. I bought a used mustang fastback windshield which I was told belonged to a 67 fastback, but low and behold when I went to install it it fell through the window. Could anyone tell me what the dimensions are for the rear windshields for fastbacks different years? I am trying to resell it but do not know what year of Mustang FB it belongs on? I have tried online web searches but cannot seem to locate a site where it lists the individual dimensions of the rear windshield for the Fastbacks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
"windshield" is in the front where your wipers are.
"backglass" is at the back and unique to either a coupe or fastback.

If the backglass you have wasn't big enough then it must be from
a 69/70 or 71/71 because 65/66 glass was the biggest of all of them.

Measure your glass and post the dimensions and we should be able
to figure out what you have.

65 Fastback 2+2 Rangoon red, red interior
6 cyl, AT, A/C, P.S., P.B.

MCA# 00945

Previously owned Mustangs:
6F07C,5F07T,5F09A,6F08A,
5F07C,3F03F,1F03H,3F03H,
1F04F,3F01L,8F03Y,9F03W,
84 SVO,86 SVO
65fastback6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stang View Post
Sorry for the misnomer. I usually call it a rear window, but in all my early searches online, they were referring to it as a rear windshield. But I agree with you wholeheartedly. I thought it was odd also when I was doing searches earlier.
It could be a windshield if your going backwards 60 MPH--- Just kiddin of course...
horsehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Unable to take pictures right now, camera needs to recharge battery,but I found some codes and took the measurements. First, on the window it had following 90 SUN-X AS2 and FM-M61. Dimensions: Width at top 42 1/4" just below where the curve was, width at bottom was 42 3/4" just about bottom curve. Length of window in the middle was 30 1/2" and side lengths were about 29 7/8" Stated it was a solid Safety Glass, Carlite and Tempered also on the glass.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Supporting Member
Administrator

I just went out and measured mine. At the top is approx. 49" wide and toward the bottom where it starts curving is 46.5" wide.
Hope this helps.
Stan
President BAMA 2012-
'65 Fastback Mustang Monthly March 2013 http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featur...tang_fastback/
NorCal Forum

If you can read this, thank a teacher. Since it's in English, thank a soldier
aslan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.