Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Can you sandblast headlight buckets/fender extensions

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  wareagle 
#1 ·
without messing up the pot metal.

And while we are at it. Anybody know the bolt sizes for the 302 frame rail and engine motor mounts?

#2 ·
I blasted mine in a media cabinet. It left the surface rough like may be 100-120 grit sandpaper but that gave the epoxy primer something to bite into. THE finished product looks absolutely smooth.

Can't help you on the bolts for the frame rails and mounts.

#3 ·
Thanks sixseven... Was really just trying to get a response on the bolt sizes...

#4 ·
...And while we are at it. Anybody know the bolt sizes for the 302 frame rail and engine motor mounts?
Same size as the ones that came out of the part when you took it apart, bagged and tagged it and safely put it away in storage low these many years ago, I'm willing to bet.

#5 ·
So, the same bolts that hold up a 200cid engine would also be used to hold up a 302?

#7 ·
If I could just find a fastener listing for everything on our cars I could then either get from Fastenal or AMK.

#9 ·
I am pretty sure you can find what you need here:

Ford Master Kits

They list by year all the Ford Mustang fasteners in what they call the Master Kits categorized by location, like engine, body, bumpers, under hood and so on. A friend used them to replace almost every fastener on his 65 FB. If you cant find it here I don't know who else could provide it.

#10 ·
Yeah, will prolly go with all new AMK fasteners.

#13 ·
The guy I bought mine from didn't have all the bolts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.