Should CJ's auction the Forgotten Fastback for charity? - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Should CJ's auction off the Forgotten Fastback for chariry
Yes 8 53.33%
No 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
I think it would awesome publicity to raffle the car off. However, which charity would they choose? Its an awesome idea, but maybe this car belongs to one of the employees who is having CJs document their restoration.

True. Guess they could put a poll of charities on their site...

I always buy raffle tickets for reputable charities. IMHO, reputable charities and churches provide more effective support for people with needs than our federal and state government
2007 Premium MustangCoupe (V6).. Please don't shun me

Done
Replace Full floor pan
Replace Firewall
Replace Full cowl
Replace Radiator support
Shelby Drop done
Front disc brakes on

Up next:

4 wheel drum to disc conversion, rebuild front suspension/steering, taillight panel, trunk floor,302 and AOD upgrade, wiring harnesses back in, and hopefully only patch panels on the quarters

E=MChuck Norris
wareagle is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle View Post
Wow, didn't think I would get such negative reactions...
It just seems so bizarre and abstract. I'm not sure how you got from Point A of seeing the project on their site and Point B of "they should raffle it for charity." It's weird dude, just weird. I think weird things but I don't make a thread about every weird thing I think.
jdub is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
It just seems so bizarre and abstract. I'm not sure how you got from Point A of seeing the project on their site and Point B of "they should raffle it for charity." It's weird dude, just weird. I think weird things but I don't make a thread about every weird thing I think.

Guess we think completely differently then... I guess it is kinda how CJ's went from point A (hey, here is a FB) to point B (hey, let's do a restoration and show it on the website).

It is just a poll dude. Chill the **** out.

Done
Replace Full floor pan
Replace Firewall
Replace Full cowl
Replace Radiator support
Shelby Drop done
Front disc brakes on

Up next:

4 wheel drum to disc conversion, rebuild front suspension/steering, taillight panel, trunk floor,302 and AOD upgrade, wiring harnesses back in, and hopefully only patch panels on the quarters

E=MChuck Norris
Old 05-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
If I owned a corporation as large as CJ's, it would begin the day after I completed it.
What does the size of the company have to do with it?

I'm surprised you don't want to give your car away when it's done?
jtfx6552 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
It is just a poll dude. Chill the **** out.
You asked, I told. I'm not unchilled at all, but you seem to be. And obviously I'm not the only one who thinks this is strange.
jdub is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #21 (permalink)

IT'S A POLL... Nothing else... Not legally binding... Just a thought I had.

Mod's, can you just delete the poll and the thread....

Done
Replace Full floor pan
Replace Firewall
Replace Full cowl
Replace Radiator support
Shelby Drop done
Front disc brakes on

Up next:

E=MChuck Norris
Old 05-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #22 (permalink)

It makes a difference wether a collector or a big corporation does any type a charity auction/raffle. The corporation has more money to give than an individual. For example I gave $1000 dollars to scholership funds last year. I gave it to help the charity. Lets say I 100k to keep number easy. This means I gave away 1 percent to charity. Many corporations give money to charity also. Lets say a corporation makes 10 million then they would give 100k to give a 1 percent donation. If a company is healthy and making money, it benefits them to give to charity. The positive PR and tax break probably makes up for the loss. I dont think wareagle was outta line posting it here. Might have been better to contact the company though. I only shop with companies that benefit it's employees and community. I dont go to walmart or sams club. CJ probably does other types of charities and I think it was a good suggestion for a charity. If not this car maybe another car that everyone could hype up so it can raise a bunch of loot for the charity. I would definately buy so tickets to support such a thing. The other thing is that it is posible the owner give to charities under his own taxes not corporate taxes. We would never even know this. If he did it under the corporation, he gets all the positive feedback.
1965: New yorker 1968: GTO convert, Lemans convert Porche 911 1969: MustangGT convert, mustang Mach1,GTO convert, Firbird Convert 1970 Boss 302, 1972: Charger 1999:f250 CNG truck 2011:nissan altima Gotta get rid of some of these lol
69DroptopGT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69DroptopGT View Post
It makes a difference wether a collector or a big corporation does any type a charity auction/raffle. The corporation has more money to give than an individual. For example I gave $1000 dollars to scholership funds last year. I gave it to help the charity. Lets say I 100k to keep number easy. This means I gave away 1 percent to charity. Many corporations give money to charity also. Lets say a corporation makes 10 million then they would give 100k to give a 1 percent donation. If a company is healthy and making money, it benefits them to give to charity. The positive PR and tax break probably makes up for the loss. I dont think wareagle was outta line posting it here. Might have been better to contact the company though. I only shop with companies that benefit it's employees and community. I dont go to walmart or sams club. CJ probably does other types of charities and I think it was a good suggestion for a charity. If not this car maybe another car that everyone could hype up so it can raise a bunch of loot for the charity. I would definately buy so tickets to support such a thing. The other thing is that it is posible the owner give to charities under his own taxes not corporate taxes. We would never even know this. If he did it under the corporation, he gets all the positive feedback.

I get all that, my point was, why arbitrarily pick this project and say it should be auctioned for charity?
jtfx6552 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfx6552 View Post
I get all that, my point was, why arbitrarily pick this project and say it should be auctioned for charity?
Didn't say "it should"... I said "should" as in a question?

MOD'S PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD.....

Done
Replace Full floor pan
Replace Firewall
Replace Full cowl
Replace Radiator support
Shelby Drop done
Front disc brakes on

Up next:

E=MChuck Norris
Old 05-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #25 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
However, which charity would they choose?
The same charity we donate to every year when we have our Customer Appreciation Day.

The Four Diamonds Foundation

Last year we donated $30,000 to them last year.

Anyone following this build knows we are far from being complete so nothing is getting auctioned off any time soon and to be honest we don't know what we will do with the car once it's done it is a out of the blue kind of poll but hey it's whatever.

Facebook | Twitter | Google + | YouTube | CJ Blog
Steve@CJPP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfx6552 View Post
You asked, I told. I'm not unchilled at all, but you seem to be. And obviously I'm not the only one who thinks this is strange.

GENERAL DISCUSSION is just for that general discussion about whatever you wish to discuss generally,....

I musta missed the sentence where WAR EAGLE stated that the car should / must / hasta be donated to charity, it was a simple question, not a statement of fact or even a suggestion by any means that I can see.

Lemme copy and paste his post to be sure,....

Not a flame towards anyone, but I'm always amazed when members take the time to go out of their way to state more that whats being asked.

Should CJ's auction the Forgotten Fastback for charity?

Yes or no
Son,.........."This old car is cool."

USMC Security Forces, Kamiseya Japan, 0311

Build Thread: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...sted-pile.html
Israel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #27 (permalink)

$ .25 per ticket,...raffle starts Monday,...

Son,.........."This old car is cool."

USMC Security Forces, Kamiseya Japan, 0311

Build Thread: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...sted-pile.html
Israel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.