need parts advice - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default need parts advice

Hey guys,

I've decided I'm going to build a "RAT ROD" to play with, I will be building my own frame and adapting various suspension parts to make it work.

I've got a few parts laying around that came out of my wife's project '66 coupe, it was originally a 6 cyl, 3 speed---going to be converted to V-8 automatic when we start on it.

I plan on putting the 6 cyl in the rat rod along with the 6 cyl rear out of the stang, I would like to switch the trans over to automatic just to make it easier to fit in the "RAT". I know I can use a C-4 but I'm not sure about what other parts I'll need to fit it on the I-6, I know I'll need a flex plate, torque converter, vacuum line and of course the C-4 --- but how about a bell housing? and will the drive shaft from the manual fit in the tailshaft of the C-4? I plan on using an aftermarket cable floor shifter too

sounds crazy I know, but I think it will be a ton of fun building.
helo-tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

no offense- but the concept of building a 'rat rod' is using junk lying around and adapting it to work.... if you have to ask how or what to use......
Old 06-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

no offense taken,

I'm fairly new to the whole Ford world and figured this would be a good place to get some general info about parts fitment, I guess I was wrong on that point, oh well, lots of other sites to look at, thanks for the help
helo-tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.