Vintage Mustang Forums banner

67 GT Fastback Lime Gold / Ivy Gold Luxury pictures wanted

11K views 44 replies 11 participants last post by  almano 
#1 ·
Hello!
I am a newbie, and trying to help my friend overseas to build his Mustang. He bought in really bad condition, and we need to see how the car was look like originally inside and out.
He has a 1967 Fastback GT Lime Gold exterior and Ivy Gold Luxury Bucket interior trim.
Please if You guys have an exact car without modification please help us to make this car as original as possible.
I tried to search but didn't really find exactly I was looking for.
Thank You.

#2 ·
Google: 1967 mustang gt fastback lime gold

click on 'images'

Good luck
Paul

#13 ·
IIRC the Elite is $220. The deluxe is what most folks get. It's like you're saying going out to eat is too much because the downtown French restaurant costs you $75 each!

#18 ·
The Marti shows the options that the car was produced with. You can google or other research to find what was available.

Some of the deluxe interior parts are hard to find also some prefer the standard black as in their opinion it looks sportier. Also the ivy interior parts are very difficult to get a close match.

The original ivy as shown in the pic 22gt posted is IMO amazing looking!

#25 ·
Overhead console

I see on some videos and pictures of the fastback deluxe interior, this Overhead console. It was coming standard with the deluxe interior or was an extra option? How do I know if my car had it? Only from the Marti report?

Attachments

#28 ·
I see on some videos and pictures of the fastback deluxe interior, this Overhead console. It was coming standard with the deluxe interior or was an extra option? How do I know if my car had it? Only from the Marti report?
I've heard it both ways, there may have been a change in the equipment list at some point.

#33 ·
#34 · (Edited)
The deluxe report is what most people find all the info we want. You evidently didn't follow my analogy. Basic report is McDonalds $2 Quarter pounder. Deluxe is $5 fresh beef burger with everything at Kopps. Elite is $20, 5 course meal served with real silverware.

If you read Marti on line info on reports you can take a chance on the basic report, then upgrade. Like ordering the meal ala cart.

#35 ·
Almano,
You previously requested a picture of an original '67 Ivy Gold fastback rear interior. The attached photo is of an original rear interior on my 67 GT Fastback which has had no modifications-other than the speakers in the rear panels. I hope this is of some help to you. Good luck!

#36 ·
Almano, I guess it would be better if I attached the photo! Here it is:

Attachments

#39 ·
Yes, I used it. But is a semi-replication, not a "restoration" as I don't own the original EXP! :wink:

I've used many of the NPD interior lacquers, very happy with the results.

#40 ·
Few more question, what i cant find a solid answer:

What the factory color of the bellhousing? Natural cast, blue or black?
What about the 4-speed toploader?
Engine bay is satin black or the color of the car?
Also what color should be the floorpan from inside and the trunk? Is the color of the car or the interior Ivy, light or dark?
Thank you

#41 ·
Can You guys tell me how the factory colors was on the trunk and the inside floor pan and behind the panels what not visible? Its the cars exterior color, or dark Ivy or light Ivy? I cant figure out at all.
Also about the rockers. they painted the outside color or the inside color? where the border of the inside and outside color if the car was not painted all with the outside color even inside?
Thank You!

#42 ·
Hi, Merry Christmas to all member!
I have trouble figuring out the passenger section trim color shades. Any detailed pictures of an original or concourse restored Fastback rear seat area around the sides as well? Ivy Gold interior would be the best.
Thank You!

#43 ·
Can You guys tell me how the factory colors was on the trunk and the inside floor pan and behind the panels what not visible? Its the cars exterior color, or dark Ivy or light Ivy? I cant figure out at all.
Too easy. The body of the car was painted with the trunk lid and doors installed, but nothing else.

Also about the rockers. they painted the outside color or the inside color?
The exterior color would be painted all the way to the pinchweld, with overspray on the floor and seat pan.

where the border of the inside and outside color if the car was not painted all with the outside color even inside?
The only thing inside the car that was painted the interior color was the dash and A pillars.

Reactions: almano
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.