Vintage Mustang Forums banner

VMF T-Shirt Suggestion/Sample

3K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  tx65coupe 
#1 ·
I had a couple of these made up, a new iteration of a previous version. The front has the option of a signature name at no extra charge if desired. Thought I'd throw it on the table as a design consideration, so have at it.(Click on the pics to see slightly larger views.)

White T-shirt Clothing Text Sleeve

White T-shirt Clothing Sleeve Font

See less See more
#8 ·
I agree... I don't think you want a shirt that looks like it's for a website made in the '90s. I'm a supporter for simple instead of overstated but I think it's lacking a bit. :shrug:

#6 ·
I like the simple design but also like some sort of car image too.

I know the hard thing is having to pick a body style, coupe vert or fastback(not to even mention picking a generation, which I just did), that will make some/many feel left out, or using all 3 and being too cluttered. So how about an image or line drawing that is semi-universal like the front grille view(side to side including head lights) on the front of the shirt and a tail light panel view on the back with the VMF logo in the license plate location?
If not too much hassle have 3 or 4 different styles, Gen 1(64.5-66), Gen 2(67/68), Gen 3(69/70), Gen 4(71-73). Trust me I know there are differences within the generations(we have 65,66,67 & 68 in the family) but way too much to cover them all. Or just use the Gen1 front and rear which is where it all started.

Will it be available in long sleeves too?

#7 ·
Or mustang emblem, or grille horse...

#14 ·
Possibly what makes the original look better to us is that looks like someone designed it. Put actual thought and work into it. Versus the modern way of picking a font off a list. Pick a color then the size. And voila, 60 seconds of work and you get something like the crappy logo the forum has now. Grade school stuff.

#18 ·
As I stated over on the general discussion section about the old classic design being used, it is elegant, classy, and very recognizable. I like it the best so far. It seems this is the general consensus choice! I would like that complete red vmf and logo used as a small size over the left breast area, and a large one with the four cars across the back. In white. On a good quality shirt. With whatever is the best quality ink/decal process they offer... 4ocious, thank you for all your hard work and info on this. You have done your homework with this thing, would you mind seeing if the shop you like could make shirts like that? If its a 40.00 dollar shirt so be it, I'm in...in 2x cause its gonna shrink an I like a loose tee shirt!

#21 ·
I had a couple of these made up, a new iteration of a previous version. The front has the option of a signature name at no extra charge if desired. Thought I'd throw it on the table as a design consideration, so have at it.(Click on the pics to see slightly larger views.)

View attachment 341521

View attachment 341529
looks good but be careful with that running horse image Ford will want a cut of the money

I like it. Simple and clean.
yep

i think t-shirts that have a large (whatever) on the back and a small (whatever) on the front look very nice. dont change that. that part is perfect.
yep

It's backwards, but I prefer the "original" logo that was used on the window decals.... and it would look good on hats, too. Come to think of it, new window decals would be nice...

yep

#22 ·
I have used Custom Ink for 6+ years for shirts(long & short sleeve) and sweat shirts for high school sports teams and for shirts for an annual All Star basketball game. Lots of color shirts to choose from, every quality of shirt you would want, easy to upload your file to their site into your design. They regularly have discounts.

#23 ·
X3 on Bart's posting

I'd be in for t-shirts, long sleeve shirts and sweatshirt - all very useful throughout the seasons

#25 ·
Did anything ever come of these shirts? If not, I think this idea should be revived. I do like the look of that original "backwards" decal. I do prefer shirts with a small logo on the front and a larger one on the back like in the original post.

#26 ·
Did anything ever come of these shirts? If not, I think this idea should be revived. I do like the look of that original "backwards" decal. I do prefer shirts with a small logo on the front and a larger one on the back like in the original post.
I don't know, but I'm fine with mine. The latest version has the running horses somewhat larger and more prominent, and the abbreviation mark after the F is moved to the left for the sake of symmetry. Member Dan Babb has one like that.

I'll be getting a grey or tan sweatshirt version of it next, maybe order that today. :smile2:

#30 ·
Me too.!

Josep

Reactions: mawa
#32 ·
Far better the logo from the decal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.