Vintage Mustang Forums banner

What do you want next?

2K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Woodchuck 
#1 ·
Chassis Jig is done. What plans, invention, diagram, etc., would you like to see next? My brain needs to stay busy!

#4 ·
I could use some help with my wiring harness. I've got beer and the rest of the weekend free. When should I expect you?

#5 ·
So are you have tool kit will travel?

#7 ·
I want the time and inspiration to install my completed EPAS unit into my 68.
Life keeps getting in the way.

Here it sits waiting for me.

#14 ·
That's a good question. Most rotisseries are pretty basic affairs that allow the car to rotate, can be balanced for EASY rotation and can position the car at different heights.

Some of the things that I could see being added to a rotisserie that was used on a "production" basis to make life easier would be....

a. A connection for a MIG welder ground that would allow the fixture to be rotated without having to disconnect/reconnect it.

b. A swivel connection for compressed air with ports for QC's on each end.

c. Connections for 120VAC accessories like drills, lights, etc.

d. Maybe a POWERED rotator? A powered drive mechanism to move the rotisserie around the shop, such as into a paint booth?

e. Non-spill cup holders for beer koozies or coffee mugs?

#20 ·
Yes, and no. Garage ceiling isn't finished so all my heat goes up and out. If it's above freezing outside I can get it tolerable inside, during the day, but pretty much on hold for the Winter. Not much more left to do, so come Spring (that's late May in these parts) we should be finishing up paint and doing exterior trim install. Interior is done except for carpet and seat covers. Drivetrain is done except my dual-bowl master install.

#18 ·
What I want next is a pair of rocker panels.....been looking for a couple of years now.
69's won't fit , I tried a set.

#23 ·
You obviously have the talent so if you have the inclination almost everyone who fools with Mustangs will at some time have issues with the readings on our dash instruments and a chart of the readings in ohms vs temps for our sending units, volts vs dash instrument readings, other needed knowledge for getting the gauges in these old cars reading correctly. Seems that no one knows, for instance, of a modern sending unit for temperature that will read correctly - so perhaps with a little digging there is in fact something that has the same values now offered but simply not listed as a replacement for our cars. 64.5 to 73 range of information seems to be hard to come by and as far as I know not available from one source. You would certainly be doing us all a favor and a document such as this would be taped to everyone's tool box as long as these cars exist. Are you interested?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.