Vintage Mustang Forums banner

fastback prices ?!!

5K views 43 replies 31 participants last post by  llammanipples 
#1 · (Edited)
saw these guys at the rod run, tons of over priced parts and RUSTY cars. look at this '65. it looks 100x better in the pics. this thing was really rusty, and they had two priced like this. not sure there was a useable panel on the car. notice the pro body work on the 1/4. are people really getting this kind of money for rusted fastbacks?

See less See more
#36 ·
the MOST rusted POS you can find starts at $20,000 :shrug:

either LA are dumb or they are just dumb.
Maybe they just don't accept the idea of balancing the cost of a mustang with it the condition it is in.

#4 ·
Just got back from vacation up in Santa Barbara. There were two fastbacks, albeit 67/68, parked right
on the street in residential areas. Driver condition and in good shape rust-wise. Had I wanted a fastback,
I could have haggled either one for around those prices. They're still out there.....

#5 ·
In my neck of the woods, a running and driving, rusted out 65/66 or 67/68 fastback would sell within the first 30 minutes of being posted.

#11 ·
all good for me!! BTW CA is very inflated with prices...

#12 ·
thats a steal at 7995. id buy it immedietly

#18 ·
I guess so lol

I saw that car and talked to the owner of the business. Everything he had was priced as if they had the last ones left in the world. A power brake pedal for $200, rusty 9" housing for $450. etc.
yup. they had fox 10 holes that were painted with crappy silver paint, and wanted $300 for a set of four

#29 ·
Noooooo! Fast Freddie! Run Forest Run! Far away :surprise: He is very slick and way too high priced on his junk. Do a search. He is well known all over the mustang world. :0/ I still remember buying one thing from his huckster show. I was in Pensacola many many moons ago for a show (maybe 1990 or so) and went into his lair and picked up an oil pressure extension piece. I asked one of his helpers how much and he said $10. OK, I'll take it and gave him $10. Oh wait! Here comes Fast Freddie....no he says $20. I'm like, "Say What". The little price tag said $12 and I got it for $10 from the other fellow. Too bad...>:) I slowly back away and got the heck out of that tent before things could get really exciting. 0:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.