Vintage Mustang Forums banner

New led instrument lights

3K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  Paul1958 
#1 ·
I bought some LED lights for my instrument panel on my 66 coupe. I just wanted to put up a picture of it to show the amount of light these things put out. A much better light output than the standard bulbs, I could barely see the gauges before. I got these on eBay, ten lights for $6 . . . Not a bad deal. It's actually brighter than the picture.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
If not, there is a special dimmer that does. I own it for my 3 aftermarket gauges and have it hidden slightly. Wonder if someone makes a factory looking dimmer that does.

#6 ·
I tried using LED lights in my dash on my 64.5 Coupe, W/generator but they light was dimmer than the regular bulb even after I replaced the lenses. I use LED lights in as the courtesy lights. The light isn't brighter but the light is more spread out.

#9 ·
Lol, no you are correct with at least my picture. They are a blue LED except for the Green turn signals or the Red brights light. I chose this way, you can do the white or hyper white, i personally like the blue. The picture does make it seem more blue than in person kind of like the affect you see on headlights. But what i do know is i could hardly see the gauges before and i love them now. One of my favorite upgrades to the car.

#13 ·
That looks nice. I'd like to upgrade the interior lighting but am very picky about the LEDs because I like the warmness of the incandescent bulbs and some LEDs are too cold (blue) looking. I see you have a set of SpeedHuts, I too am looking at getting some.

#17 ·
I think i got them off CJ pony, but it could of been summit, NPD, or mustangs unlimited. Sorry i know that doesnt help but i have ordered so much crap for my car that it was missing or was incorrect. The previous owner must of been like yeah this will work... Slowly replacing whats worn or incorrect, adding what i like along the way. I am on a first name basis with the guys from UPS, fed ex and USPS.

#31 ·
I got these on eBay, ten lights for $6 . . . Not a bad deal. It's actually brighter than the picture.
Link or ebay seller?

EDIT - never mind found it.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.