Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Show your interior!

11K views 85 replies 47 participants last post by  gikort 
#1 · (Edited)
So i am in the process of redoing my seats, now that i have the foxbody seats it changes the entire look of the interior. I have no idea of what console to get, and what shade of black to paint my dash and doors. So i figured the best way to figure it out is to start a thread of people showing off their interior. I have done this in the past with trunk and engine bay and it helped alot. I want to see mild to wild, different seats, different consoles, different shades of black or different colors on doors and dash. One guy even had a 66 dash pad on a 66 and i love the way it looked. Fire away, Ill start it off.

My current interior (awaiting to get reupholstered)

As you can see my dash needs to be painted badly, the PO painted the dash pad black (was red) and its shining through, the driver side door paint is coming off and needs to be redone.

See less See more
#2 ·
I used '93 seats, got rid of the headrests and my upholsterer and I used a little creativity on the seats and door panels.

Stan

#3 · (Edited)
Mine is not everybody's cup of tea but it is what I wanted to do. I deleted the dash pad and painted the metal dash black on top with silver metallic face, silver metallic steering column, Grant elite something leather wheel, B & M pro ratchet needed for my transmission. I made the rectangular base plate for my shifter.

I took the seats down to the frames, restored them and put new foam and covers on, new black loop carpet, all LED interior lights including the instruments, Autometer tach, custom stitched silver and black seats, custom stitched silver and black door panels overpadded(double stitched the line and left off the chrome plastica), new standard moon skin? head liner. I got the carpet from the pony kit for the kick panels and glued that on but left the trim line off. I deleted the back seat and put in the Shelby rear shelf mainly to save weight.

The only thing left that I plan to do inside is install the standard bucket head rests TMI or somebody makes for these.

#5 ·
After 40 years of storage in dry garages, I figured it was time to get my fastback back on the road, and the full restoration is underway. I've owned the car for almost 48 years and the interior is like new. Here's a few interior shots of her coming out event (of the garage-that is)!

Attachments

#14 ·
Here is mine, the rear seat upholstry matches the fronts, I built the center console. Dash update with the new Speedhuts still pending:

#15 ·
Not much cutting required, in my case as far as the 07 console section was concerned. The 07 console ends just forward of the shifter, then turns upward to the stereo/ac controls. But yes, I extended it for my needs. Here is a picture of an 07 mustang center section for reference.

Attachments

#17 ·
my interior game is weak :shrug:

#23 ·
Not to steal the thread but I have a question about your shifter lever. I just have the stock T5 shifter from an 80's mustang in my 65 fastback. Which Hurst shifter did you go with and do you like it? I feel like the stock T5 shifter lever sits too far forward, imo, when it's in gears 1, 3 or 5. Plus the hurst shifter just looks so much better too. Thanks

#18 ·
I need some better shots but you get the idea.

Attachments

Reactions: Raul-7
#24 ·
I use a kit I got from Modern DriveLine (Qwik Stik, Shifter, T-5/T-45 Ford, 1" back, Works great for early Mustang and Cougars with a console Stock# MD-88-421-204-03) which moves the shifter back to a nice position with this hurst shifter Stock# MD-504-2040).. They recommended it, so I went with it... Is it needed, no, but it makes driving pretty nice IMO..

#28 ·
Here's a kind of crap picture of mine, but shows off the console pretty well since that's what you seem to be most interested in! It's not quite finished in this pic as I later added a couple extra panels up under the A/C unit to finish it off better. The cupholders are removable for a cleaner look when at shows.

Reactions: weikelrk
#30 ·
So i am in the process of redoing my seats, now that i have the foxbody seats it changes the entire look of the interior. I have no idea of what console to get, and what shade of black to paint my dash and doors. So i figured the best way to figure it out is to start a thread of people showing off their interior. I have done this in the past with trunk and engine bay and it helped alot. I want to see mild to wild, different seats, different consoles, different shades of black or different colors on doors and dash. One guy even had a 66 dash pad on a 66 and i love the way it looked. Fire away, Ill start it off.

My current interior (awaiting to get reupholstered)

As you can see my dash needs to be painted badly, the PO painted the dash pad black (was red) and its shining through, the driver side door paint is coming off and needs to be redone.

Subscribed!

#31 ·
From the "seat upgrade" thread...

I wanted my car to look basically stock to people that don't know better.

Short version....
'67 Deluxe interior (I used Burton's Antique aluminum)
Procar Scat Elites (will eventually be reupholstered to use comfortweave on center section)
LeCarra 15" Leather Wheel.
'68 Shelby style center console
Racing harnesses will be replaced with a reel/lock type harness once I can find one at a reasonable price.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.