Vintage Mustang Forums banner

I Must Be Missing Something

833 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  IndyFive-O 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It seems over priced to me for sure. Matching numbers, the a/c and the fact that its a V8 and the pony interior will up the value but $20,000 is pretty high.. Mine was all of those attributes with a fresh paint job and I paid $12k.

#3 · (Edited)
He probably looked up the NADA "average" value. Failed to account for the incorrect and/or missing items like the air cleaner, grille ornaments, and wheel covers. Not to mention the worse than average paint.

What it does have going for it is it's pretty original, without repaint or poorly done "restoration".

#6 ·
Towing company probably picked it up for scrap and is trying to hit a homerun by convincing some poor soul it's rare and really something special.

#8 ·
Look on ebay. You'll see people asking 46k-69k (and getting bids) for 70 Mach 1s that are not numbers matching but restored while a numbers matching Boss is at $40k.

Prices really seem to be illogical lately. I'm curious if it may be due to the stock market drops. Maybe people are hoping to buy a car as a place to park their cash until things calm down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.