Vintage Mustang Forums banner

66 GT350 on Chasing Classic Cars

10K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  Klutch 
#1 ·
The latest of episode of "Chasing Classic Cars" on the Velocity Channel featured a 1966 Shelby GT350. This is a GREAT episode and is well worth checking out for any Mustang fan. I really enjoyed this episode for so many reasons:

- The featured car was owned by a guy who bought it when it was only a few years old. Not only did he race his Shelby, he drove it a lot and even took it on long road trips. That's my kind of Mustang owner

- The car had been sitting/stored in a barn for over 40 years. The owner's family and friends knew he had the car, but they didn't know where it was stored. Apparently, they found out only after the owner died

- The Shelby is rusted out in a few places and looks well-used. The owner had gathered a lot of NOS parts before he died

- This episode featured Evan who's a classic car expert and a semi-regular. I really like this guy. He's square. He's nerdy. He actually crawls under and inside cars and works on them. You can tell he's a REAL car guy who enjoys anything with wheels and a story. I have no problem with the car show guys who sport piercings, tattoos, long hair, ZZ-Top beard and a gravely voice. But Evan is just so different from those guys it's downright fascinating

- This episode of Chasing Classic cars again demonstrates this is a show with class. No shop fights. No staged drama. No phony deadlines. No angry, obnoxious characters. The producers of this show let the cars tell their stories and I really like that. I've never met Wayne Carini or Evan, but it appears those guys also are class acts

Check it out!

See less See more
#10 ·
I can understand why Carrini typically doesn't get excited about American muscle cars. Compared to the super rare, super exotic cars he often deals in, Mustangs and such are pretty ho-hum. After all, some of those European cars go over well over a million dollars. Only a tiny few muscle cars have managed to break into that territory.

I have seen that he sells American muscle cars at his dealership so he's certainly not against making money on them.

#11 ·
Can't stand him. (Carini)
He's a snob of the highest order......

#13 ·
I guess I have a soft spot for Wayne because we both Have Autistic children and he has the guts not to hide it. Yes he's a NewEngland, snob but Roger makes up for it in spades. Chasing Classic Cars and Wheeler Dealers are the only thing Velocity has to offer worth watching.

I wouldn't pay .01₵ to watch TV of any kind. It's the wife.

#24 ·
The annoying personalities ruins the entire show. For some reason the producers allow annoying personalities to talk to the camera instead of find/buy/fix/restore the CAR!

Reactions: Jjs31692
#21 · (Edited)
:Carini is always saved by having an even more snobbishness dooches, if not several, to temper him.(i.e. the oil slick dealer from Houston with the PinotVerde 365GT) I would guess he has dealt in fairly dozens of Mustangs over his years as a dealer.
These are not his show's niche.
I appreciate the show for the variety of rare and unique vehicles and Roger.
This latest show & GT350 is no exception.
He took a Green 65/6 FB, 350 or K code:shrug:, out and around on LA freeways in an early episode.

#22 ·
Friends of mine have met him at Monterey and said he is genuinely a nice guy and will talk to you. No problem with buying and selling. If I had the time and money and ability, I'd do it too. I'd save some for me, but nothing wrong with making money.

Perry

#23 ·
The Wife has a second cousin living somewhere in England, they are closely related to the Haynes Publishing family ( we have never met them). He was planning to come over and meet with Wayne for a purchase--I'll have to ask the family if it ever came to be and what his impressions were of Wayne.

I have seen Wayne pick up a paint gun a few times. I also have no issue with making a few $$ on selling/buying--like to do it as a side line after retirement, like to deal in stuff that is a bit higher end than a driver but not quite a trailer queen. Ideally cars in the $30-$50K area that I could float on a credit line and not go broke if you had to sit on them for a few months. Just a thought right now but who knows in 5 yr or so what may happen.

#26 ·
According to the show the Mustang had lowered "A" arms.
The 1965 and early 1966 Shelby cars had the lowered upper control arms. They also said it was actually a 1965 Mustang converted to a 1966 Shelby. I don't know about that, but the car did have rear side windows which were only on the 1966 Shelby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.