Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Identifying this valve

852 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  awhtx 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I would like to know the name for this valve, (assuming it's a valve).
Think the routing of the lines are, one to transmission and the other one to anti-backfire valve (red arrows) in Thermactor systems. But where is the yellow one going to.?

Thanks,

Josep

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Right gt350sr, so a vacuum tee, thanks.!
There are three outlets there, one is capped and this sure is the one that should go the the anti-backfire valve in Thermactor system fitted cars. The other one is the one going to the transmission. But this one with the bold stuck into the piece of rubber is the one I don't know where does it goes.

Josep

#5 · (Edited)
Right gt350sr, thanks.!
My car has front disc brakes, but this line is cancelled as it has the bold stuck in the rubber. I will check for the brake booster, can't translate this now (sorry my english!), and see if I need it or what...

Thanks for your help.!

Josep

Brake booster, found it.! OK. No, my car hasn't got that. That's the reason because that outlet is cancelled.

#6 ·
The brake booster is only used on cars with Power Brakes. Unless I'm mistaken (somebody let me know!) Power Brakes were not available on '65 and '66 front disc brake cars. Only the drum brakes were available with Power.

The booster has a rubber diaphram inside it. The vacuum from the engine pulls the diaphram forward which assists the driver's leg in applying the brakes.

#8 ·
Thanks for the explanation Alan.
My car has front disc brakes that probably a PO did put on it. What I thought is that when upgrading to disc brakes, the wheel has to be 5 lugs, but mine has 4 (?).

Josep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.