Vintage Mustang Forums banner

More Wiring Qs

592 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Woodchuck 
#1 ·
I asked these in my other thread and don't mean to be a pain, but didn't get a response yet. I'd appreciate any help:

1. Where do the gauge lights branch off? I see the wiring diagram that they leave the fusebox and then split into four, but where is that physically in the car? I'd like to use the single lead wire directly to my gauges.

2. I hate having excess wires that I'm no longer using in the harness anymore and would like to eliminate them. They're mainly wires to the sending units but to really get ride of the them, I'd have to dig through the harness and cut open the bundles. Is this really worth it or am I just getting into the weeds?

3. For the wires in the engine bay that go to the sending units (oil press, water temp), where's the best way to route the wires? Right now they are routed along the intake manifold next to the head.

4. Overall, I'm just trying to tidy up the wiring, especially after installing the SpeedHuts and using their wires for sending units. I'm bummed I can't have them go through the original connectors in the firewall so I'm just trying to find a way to make it look nice. Any suggestions?

See less See more
#2 ·
1. if you mean wire 19 from fuse to instrument panel :

then answer is simple.... behind the instrument panel.

3. i have installed complete new wiring in my car and had the same question on this... i saw somewhere they put those wires over leftside on intake manifold ( think it was the instruction on cjpony for the AAW wiring installation) but i have decide to route them along with the front light wiring on left inside fender/shocktower and just after shocktower directly to oil presure and temp sender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.