Cool suspension upgrade-New product coming. What ya think? - Page 5 - Vintage Mustang Forums

25Likes

post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkfrd View Post
Did I say I had 3 options?...I think i've got a 4th...gotta do some more testing this weekend. Geez...is it going to be another 3 months before i get this thing figured out!...the real job always gets in the way. Thanks for everyone's input!
Can't believe it has been 5 months since we had this discussion! My persistence has paid off and i've got the static triangle potential bind issue resolved by using plates with elongated holes where the strut rod clevis mounts to the frame. Also relocated the strut rod tube on the strut arms to prevent sway bar interference as the clevis moves inward as the turnbuckle is rotated to shorten the strut rod length. Locking plates keep everything where it should be.
dads68stang likes this.

Tracy Blackford

65 Mustang FB, 331 custom built with 289 H beam rods and 383W piston, 282S cam, self ported '70 351w heads, Dougs Tri-Y headers. 1.7 shaft rockers and 26986 beehives. Hurricane Single Plane and custom 750 HP. T5z and 3.50 9" posi rear.
430 HP @ 6500...not too shabby for old school heads!

'65 Fastback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I was curious as to when we would hear an update. That is great news you have a redesign and it is now available. I looked quickly on your web site, and saw the availability for the 65/66's. Are you working on a product for the later models?

65 FB 289/3sp Rangoon Red/Red interior
67 FB 351C? Springtime Yellow?/? interior
68 Coupe 200/6 T-5 Diamond Blue/Blue interior
69 Coupe 250/6 C4, Blue/Black interior
70 Coupe 302/Auto Gold Metallic/Ginger interior
2010 Gold V6/Auto Sunset Gold/Black interior
65 Falcon Vintage Burgundy/Palomino interior
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:49 PM

good question coupster, I'm also interested on later model application
post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupster View Post
I was curious as to when we would hear an update. That is great news you have a redesign and it is now available. I looked quickly on your web site, and saw the availability for the 65/66's. Are you working on a product for the later models?
He does have the measurements for 67-70 , so I think it may be in the works.

Chris W
68 fastback C code: FiTech efi, TanksInc, Mac Headers, Borgeson box, Street or Track coil-overs, PTP crossmember, export brace, monte-carlo bar, 235/45/17. More to come
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dads68stang View Post
He does have the measurements for 67-70 , so I think it may be in the works.
Yes, thanks Chris for using your car for measurements! I've got the design on paper. The LCA tube is about 2.5" longer than that for a 65/66, but the bends are the same so that's good. The strut rod tube is closer to the ball joint and different angle.

Need to get different sway bar plates, clevis plates and locking plates made so I can start production. Found a great water jet company in HB near my Boeing plant that is reasonable, quick turnaround and does great work. Probably won't go back to laser cutting anymore. Also found a new powder coater in Anaheim that is super good.
msh-r likes this.

Tracy Blackford

65 Mustang FB, 331 custom built with 289 H beam rods and 383W piston, 282S cam, self ported '70 351w heads, Dougs Tri-Y headers. 1.7 shaft rockers and 26986 beehives. Hurricane Single Plane and custom 750 HP. T5z and 3.50 9" posi rear.
430 HP @ 6500...not too shabby for old school heads!

'65 Fastback
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:59 PM

No problem Tracy. Let me know it you want other measures... It will go back up on the stands soon for a tranny swap.

The PTP cross member is a stout piece, huge improvement over stock and ties in with LCA for strength and includes camber plates. A great deal!

Side note: Looking for a welder to do some welding on the explorer axle tubes to swap ends, I know a guy in HB who can do it but would be willing to entertain other options.

Chris W
68 fastback C code: FiTech efi, TanksInc, Mac Headers, Borgeson box, Street or Track coil-overs, PTP crossmember, export brace, monte-carlo bar, 235/45/17. More to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page