Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1964 1/2 Mustang

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  nehuge 
#1 ·
Alright just got a hold of a new mustang. Its a 64 1/2 Mustang and going to need some interior pics for me to restore this. The main thing I need is where the carpet stops short of the sill plate. Does anyone have a picture of that?? Also, the car has the original radio and also has a balancer box? Never seen it before, but this is mounted under the dash and has a knob to move sound from the front to the rear speakers and so on. Does anyone have pics of that?
Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
If you order carpet from one of the Mustang suppliers (I got mine from Virginia Classic Mustang) most will have carpet specifically for the 64.5 which will be surge bound on the sides and will not have the toe pad. You'll need the vinyl strip that covers the rocker from the sill plate to the carpet.

Best of luck

Greg

#4 ·
Hey Greg (kutzoh), I know this is several years later, but do you know on your blue on blue interior what color the steering wheel should be? Should it be the same blue color as the steering column and metal part of the dash? Or should it be the same blue color as the dash pad and seats? I have the same color interior and exterior and my supposed-to-be blue wheel is kind of greenish from fade and I wanted to paint it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.