Is there anyone who repairs Franklin Mint Cars - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Well I have a couple and I really don't display them but over Christmas I took my 69 Boss 302 car out to look at it, he phone rang I set it down in rush on shelf. I was talking on phone and my youngest son was looking at it and droped it only damage is spoiler broken off at base. I could just glue it myself but I would really like it to look like NEW as its perfect in every other way and will go back in its box until one day I have sealed display case for all my stuff.

So if anyone knows of someone who can really do this kind of repair please let me know.

Thanks
Mark

No Fear, No Doubt / All In, Balls Out
Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1eOzcQWIWI

65 Restomod-Clone"Venom"
347 EFI Supercharger 551RWHP

70 Boss 302 50K original Grabber Orange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYTOYS
Well I have a couple and I really don't display them but over Christmas I took my 69 Boss 302 car out to look at it, he phone rang I set it down in rush on shelf. I was talking on phone and my youngest son was looking at it and droped it only damage is spoiler broken off at base. I could just glue it myself but I would really like it to look like NEW as its perfect in every other way and will go back in its box until one day I have sealed display case for all my stuff.

So if anyone knows of someone who can really do this kind of repair please let me know.

Thanks
Mark
Mark;

I could do this for you if you want to pack and send it to me. I've been building show-winning and museum models for over 40 years. I'm in Las Vegas, but I could find someone a little closer in the SoCal area if you'd rather. I wouldn't charge anything (you just pay the shipping both ways), but some of my fellow modelers would probably do it for free, too.

ken

Help....I've fallen and I can't get up....'cause this car is killin' me.

1966 GT vert. 6R08Axxxxxx
76B 5 F6 11DSO 71 1 6
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Ken, Thank you for your most kind and Generous offer I would be more than happy to ship it too you. I would however insist on paying you something for your efforts even if its a gift card to somewhere or something.

If you will PM your address I will send my 69 off too you ASAP, I can't thank you enough.

Mark

No Fear, No Doubt / All In, Balls Out
Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1eOzcQWIWI

65 Restomod-Clone"Venom"
347 EFI Supercharger 551RWHP

70 Boss 302 50K original Grabber Orange

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 09:18 AM

Mark;

Email sent.

Ken

76B 5 F6 11DSO 71 1 6
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 08:33 PM

Wow, that's really cool.

A Boss 302 owner in my mustang club has a brother that used to work for Franklin Mint. Says he worked there until they went out of business, something about them "cooking the books" as he likes to say.

I think I have every Franklin mint Mustang they made, right now they are in an enclosed display case except for the 1:18 Pewter Cobra.

My wife bent one of the antennas dusting the 70 Mach 1 about 5 years ago and I don't think she has dusted anything in the house since then after that butt-chewing. Serves me right, eh? The car also has a missing windshield wiper and I think a missing shock too, but those were from previous owner (only one I couldn't get new).

Ken, if this is a service you provide, I too would be interested and also would insist on some sort of payment, even if its in the form of a gift certificate to your favorite local store or restaurant.

Sam

68 J-code Fastback - owned since Jan 1994
68 C-Code Coupe
78 F-150 4x4

Got a question about fold down seats or need some fold down seat parts? Check out the new http://www.folddownseat.com

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 08:32 AM
White Elephant Guy

Send a message via AIM to obsidianspider Send a message via Yahoo to obsidianspider Send a message via Skype™ to obsidianspider
Since when is The Franklin Mint out of business? They have tons of cool Mustangs on their site. There are quite a few I'd buy if I could afford it.

Todd Dietrich - '66 T-Code Fastback, '14 GT Premium Track Pack w/Recaros
VMF Facebook Group
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigtauenus
Wow, that's really cool.

A Boss 302 owner in my mustang club has a brother that used to work for Franklin Mint. Says he worked there until they went out of business, something about them "cooking the books" as he likes to say.

I think I have every Franklin mint Mustang they made, right now they are in an enclosed display case except for the 1:18 Pewter Cobra.

My wife bent one of the antennas dusting the 70 Mach 1 about 5 years ago and I don't think she has dusted anything in the house since then after that butt-chewing. Serves me right, eh? The car also has a missing windshield wiper and I think a missing shock too, but those were from previous owner (only one I couldn't get new).

Ken, if this is a service you provide, I too would be interested and also would insist on some sort of payment, even if its in the form of a gift certificate to your favorite local store or restaurant.
It's not really a service. I spent a lot of time building and showing car models until I got wrapped up (consumed.....buried) in the 1:1 project. I normally build 1/12 and 1/8 scale, and an occasional 1/16, but I know how aggravating it is to break a part off a favorite model or diecast. Every time you look at it the "flaw" is magnified.

Of course, it depends on the repair. A few years ago I modified and painted several for some "clients" who were willing to pay for the time it took. The problem for me was that I am too anal about the quality of the the work and it always took far more time than I planned. After a series of Pocher 1/8 Porsches that required interior, engine, and paint (and one converted to a speedster) I swore I'd never do it again.

But anyway, tell me exactly what you need done and lemme see.

Since I'm getting the stuff laid out for the FM Mustang I could probably do another. The believe antenna is stainless wire and I could replace that since I'll be mixing some epoxy anyway. The wipers are actually available from hobby shop vendors in photo-etched metal...very nice. The shock may or may not be available locally, but I remember getting spare parts from Danbury years ago. Maybe FM has a parts replacement service.

Shoot me an email...with pics if possible.

76B 5 F6 11DSO 71 1 6
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 03:56 PM

FM cars are very nice, I have a few. No stangs yet though.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 12:39 PM

Surprised

I have 2 corvette stingrays a 63 and 65. Also a 69 camero. They are franklin mint. The windshield wippers fell off. Does anyone know I can get replacement parts for them

edszo6@outlook.com
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 09:58 PM

i have a franklin mint 65 gt350. one day while i was at work, my son broke off all 4 wheels, both doors & bumpers.... it now matches my car in its current state, so i decided to display it as is in the garage lol.

1965 fastback pro-touring mustang http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/mo...racesteed.html
1975 harley ironhead custom long chopper. fully built 77 ci strokerhttp://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s....php?t=1687439
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 09:35 PM

Franklin Mint Corvette Spare Parts

Does anyone know where can obtain Corvette Hang tags, Need tags years.1961/1tag. 1962/2tags 1975/1tag 1989/1 tag 1993/1 tag 1994/1 tag 1995/ 2 tags 1996/1 tag and last 1998/3 tags. Bought these crs missing Hang Tags. Also need 1 White Convertilble Top for 1958 Corvette White color, also need Right outside mirror Silver color for 1998 Corvette. If anyone can help contact: Joe Coleman Houston Texas 214-514-4705 One final part I forgot about Left Door Chrome Door Handle need all at GOOD PRICE if possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page