Question?? - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Vintage Mustang Toys, Models, Collectibles
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question??

Does Anyone on here do models i just bought a sweet 1966 mustang Model and was wondering if there are any model people here?
Mustang Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Nate View Post
Does Anyone on here do models i just bought a sweet 1966 mustang Model and was wondering if there are any model people here?

Funny you should post this...I haven't done a plastic model for probably over 35 years. Came across a 66 FB model a few weeks ago while at Hobby Lobby with SWMBO...bought it as an early Christmas present to myself and am now in the process of building and painting the same as my car as much as possible.

BTW- having a blast doing it and have found that I have more patience as I've aged. SWMBO thinks I've spent too much $$ on it though!

My First Mustang
66 FB C Code C4
Code U Tahoe Turquoise Metallic
White/Aqua Pony Interior
subpar63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ha ha sweet that's what i was thinking since mines a 66 coupe that sounds like a good idea post pictures of your while your building and ill do the same sounds like fun!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Nice...I used to live in Glendale in the late '80s (75th & Glendale area) things have surely changed there as I noticed last time I was back about 5 years ago. I worked for a telecommunications company in Phoenix and the owner was into hot rods and he managed to get my old car bug reinforced much to my wife's chagrin. I've always told my wife at least I'm not hanging out in bars and chasing women!!

Couldn't find a 66 FB model without being a Shelby so the hood will not be correct to mine (may have to change the hood on my car to match the model??- its only $$ right?) Was able to find Tahoe Turquoise shake and shoot so the exterior will match. Working on painting pony interior tomorrow - white/aqua.

Kit came with white and blue decals...not sure if I'm going to use to match my LeMans stripes or try to paint black stripes instead. May just eliminate the stripes for now to see how it looks.

I'll post more pics after interior paint!! - John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66 Fastback 1.jpg (89.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Model Pic 1.jpg (78.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Model pic 2.jpg (88.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Model Pic 3.jpg (87.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Model Pic 4.jpg (85.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Model Pic 5.jpg (93.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Model Pic 6.jpg (8.8 KB, 19 views)

My First Mustang
66 FB C Code C4
White/Aqua Pony Interior
Old 12-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wow what a small world i live off of 75th Ave an Union hills. Looks like the cars coming together very nicely!ill post some pictures of mine in the am i still have to paint it! Not sure on a color.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Finally got some more painting done and am starting to put the chassis together...Have some touch up to do (seats especially) after I glue some more together..

Are you planning on painting your new purchase (the full size car) back to Emberglo? I love that color and wish I could have found a FB in that color scheme with pony two-tone interior.

Maybe in a few years my next one will have to be Emberglo in a Coupe or Vert!! I'll have to convince my wife how good she would look driving it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Model Pic 7.jpg (6.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Model Pic 8.jpg (82.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Model Pic 9.jpg (78.4 KB, 9 views)

My First Mustang
66 FB C Code C4
White/Aqua Pony Interior
Old 12-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Dropped the motor in today along with the interior assembly. I also installed front and rear glass along with rear valance, taillights and gas cap.

Hope to be adding front valance panels and bumpers front and rear during the football games tomorrow!!

Starting to shape up!! I can start to see light at the end of the tunnel!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Model Pic 10.jpg (72.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Model Pic 11.jpg (48.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Model Pic 12.jpg (6.2 KB, 11 views)

My First Mustang
66 FB C Code C4
White/Aqua Pony Interior
Old 12-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Nice work!!
2002 F150
1996 Mustang GT (sold)
65mustang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

I could never finish a model as a kid but I have about 5 waiting for me to find the time. I am about 3/4 of the way through a custom "Death Proof" Nova and I am doing a 70 fastback to replicate my dads when he was a kid for his birthday. I also have a charger, a Shelby, a 99 cobra to replicate my 2000, and a 69 that I will build to be what I want my real 69 to be.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Been years since i put a model together. Use to paint them up like the cars i had at one time or was driving then. Really was fun to do. Don't think i have the patience now and also usually working on the full scale models now. Remembering even fixing up some Chevy models like the 55 ( I think) yellow Badman model among others.
.................................................. .................... My '70, mildly built 302, 4 spd. w/Hurst shifter, Mallory 6AL, 3.40 gears. Sub-frame connectors/cage. Pro-Stars, 15X7'' & 15X10'' Lowered 2'' all around.. Pic. taken at Horsehead overlook on Skyline Drive, about 2 miles from my home...
horsehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

I used to build model cars a lot when I was a kid. (And, BTW, I lived in north Phoenix at the time.)

I used to "wire" the engines with red and black thread and model glue. It makes the engine look really cool with simulated plug wires and battery cables. Just cut a piece of thread to length, grab it with tweezers and dip each end into some glue. Attach one end to the correct area on the cylinder head, then the other end to the distributor. (If you really want to get technical, you can even follow the correct firing order.) Then run some thread to simulate battery cables.
Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.