Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Street or Track and Opentracker Racing Products VMF group buy

14K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  TrueBlue 
#1 ·
Here we go with another fantastic VMF group buy from not just one but two of our more favorite suppliers, Shaun of Street or Track and John of Opentracker Racing Products. I have listed the detail for each supplier’s offer below. These offers are good from April 1st through April 30, 2008.

From Shaun of Street or Track:
Street or Track is offering 10% off all ST products - http://www.streetortrack.com/ST-Products-c-252.html
through April 31st 2008! (Not including our new 13" brake kit and 13" rotor & bracket kit which are still undergoing testing).

To thank the VMF for its continued support of what we do, I'll give back to Bob/VMF $5 from every order that subtotals over $100.

Orders can be placed online - www.streetortrack.com. Payment can be made with credit cards, Paypal, money orders and gift certs through the site. I've set up a coupon online for the 10% off. Use “vmfgroupbuy” in the coupon code box when checking out. Mailed in personal checks or using a money order (online or by mail) are very much appreciated so I avoid the processing fee.

Also, I'm going to have a booth at the Columbus Swap Meet April 5th & 6th in Ohio. If anyone wants to order ST parts before April 3rd I can take them to the show for them to pickup and save shipping charges. I can only do this for in stock ST parts so please check availability with me first.

Any questions about anything please email me - shaun@streetortrack.com

From John of Opentracker Racing Products:
I am offering a 10% discount on all ORP Products through April 31, 2008. To order, send your shopping list via email to me at: opentracker@sbcglobal.net. In the subject box you must say “VMF member” so I can identify you. In detail tell me what you are looking for, qty, etc. Include your full name, address & zip code. I will reply with a final price + freight. I can also email an invoice back to you upon request via paypal. Accepted method of payment is cashiers check/money order, PayPal, credit card via PayPal. You do not need to have an account with PayPal to pay with your credit card through them..

For each order which subtotals over $100, I will donate $5 to VMF.

I encourage everyone with any questions on my products to call me at 831-659-0688.

From Craig
Since is only a 30 day offering, you need to do some serious scavenging for funds in order to pamper your Mustang. Don’t forget your tax refund. Let’s make this a group buy which will be talked about for years to come. Please direct all ordering and product questions to Shaun and John.

See less See more
#3 ·
The Street or Track system looks pretty interesting.

I was planning on going the boosted power front-disc route, because braking is already hard enough with the drums, I don't want to make it take too much pressure so that my wife won't drive it. :)

How much braking power will the system take if I went that route?

#7 ·
I love those strut rods... very slick, and very easy to work with. A word of advice... before you assemble them, clean them out really well and oil down the tubes. I went the extra mile of coating mine with anti-sieze so that when I needed to adust them, they could be hand adjusted instead of having to crank on them with a pipe wrench.

#9 ·
Sweet, just ordered some new suspension parts!

#10 ·
Kevin Bentley said:
The Street or Track system looks pretty interesting.

I was planning on going the boosted power front-disc route, because braking is already hard enough with the drums, I don't want to make it take too much pressure so that my wife won't drive it. :)

How much braking power will the system take if I went that route?
You mean how much leg effort will it take? Disc's always require slightly more pressure than a well set up drum system, the benifit is that discs work over and over again! If you wanted power brakes, no problem. I have power boosters and master cylinders that will work with my systems.

#11 ·
Shaun,
I got my strut rods last Friday and installed them on Sat. Wanted to say thanks and tell you they are great additions and the quality was first rate! Thanks for the great deal. :thumbsup:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/541000-541999/541371_407_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/541000-541999/541371_408_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/541000-541999/541371_409_full.jpg

#12 ·
Awesome! Looks like you have them threaded all the way down. How much caster did you get?

Any problems threading the parts together? We are now taking an extra step and re-cutting every thread AFTER powder-coating and then AGAIN during assembly before shipping. The tubes come with wrench flats but I've found that after these extra steps you can adjust them by hand.

#16 ·
Getting in on this one - ordered roller perches, roller idler arm, and some other goodies from Opentracker!

Edit: John, you have a PT. :)

#17 ·
Just got my Disc Brake Kit in for my '65 and everything is great! I'll post up some pics when I can get everything layed out, and try to do a write up with pics since I don't think anyone on the board has done one to my knowledge.

#18 ·
scripts said:
Just got my Disc Brake Kit in for my '65 and everything is great! I'll post up some pics when I can get everything layed out, and try to do a write up with pics since I don't think anyone on the board has done one to my knowledge.
Ian,

I'm interested in a write up! Like the proud Papa I am I want to hear what others think of our kit. A few have shipped since its launch (none of them to VMF'rs) so I'm eager to hear what others think!

#20 ·
GT_SCODE said:
Shaun - got the pieces you sent and man what a beautiful setup! Thanks for the great customer service. I can't wait to get it all installed!
Great!

Post some pictures of the install and installed. :thumbsup:

#21 ·
Alrighty Then! I've got the kit installed and have put about 50 miles on it, and let me say WOW. I can lock up the brakes with little to no effort. The kit was extremely straight forward and was easy enough for a high schooler to put on with no snags except the local parts stores not being open 24 hours for the little things I though I had but didn't.

This is an excellent kit and is perfect for you guys that like me can't afford for our offset to change.

Best 1000 bucks spent on the car to date.

Heres a link to a write up on my CarDomain page with lot's of pictures. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2363629/3

#22 ·
Just got my final piece of the order in the mail from my first ever order with Opentracker - and I will tell you that I hope it's not my last.

I screwed up the discount (ordered first, asked for it second :oops: ) and they took care of everything for me. Personal and professional. Now that I'm home, I can't wait to start ripping into the car.

Thanks so much! :thumbsup:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.